just purchased my V blk/blk/FG2. Now I want to hear about the best mods. My biggest interests are:
1. CAI - Who is the best? Is it worth it? Does it add a lot of noise? Why do you think Mallet hasn't done this.
2. Eibach springs - Anyone put these on?
3. Corsa Exhaust - when is it due?
4. BMR - Anti wheel hop kit - Is it worth it?
5. Possibly due the heads like Mallet's package but with a different tuner here in So. Cal.
07-12-04, 07:32 PM
Surprised you didn't go with a silver V. Why did you pick a black one? ;)
1. Still waiting for one with a block-off plate/better ducting to the front of the car.
2. None on any of the V boards.
3. In February 2005, I expect ***some trolling "supporting vendor"*** will tease us by saying the exhaust will be available next week, yet will not have a price, HP gain, shipping cost, etc. and won't post again for three months.
4. Do you like wheel hop and the associated damage to your car/rear axle? Me neither, I'm buying the BMR AWK.
5. Headers & an intercooled Radix are your friend.
Couldn't find a dealer with silver and no front license plate, and that would allow me to use my supplier discount.
What is Radux or Radiux, whatever you said? Does anyone know any good tuners in So. Cal?:rolleyes:
Let me know when you get and intake. Why do you think Mallet has not done this?
Seriously thinking about Eibach springs, what do you think Stealth?
07-12-04, 10:05 PM
Being a gearhead engineer, I'm seriously considering designing and building my own intake. All the aftermarket units use a K&N filter which is good for airflow but has horrid filtering capabilities. The design is floating around in my head, just need to get some time and start fabricating. The wife wants me to redo the kitchen in our 5 year old home starting in August (:rant2: ) so it probably won't be until this fall.
The Radix is a Eaton/Magnuson supercharger GM and Ford have been using on cars from the factory for years. Ligenfelter has a nice setup for the Vette and his working on one for the V --> http://www.lingenfelter.com/lingenfelter/product2.asp?dept%5Fid=125&pf%5Fid=595 Hard to argue with 140+ RWHP for $6k and a 36 month powertrain warranty for only $200.
The Eibach springs don't interest me right now. My next set of tires will be aftermarket wider ones and I'm concerned about clearance problems if the car were any lower than it already is sitting. The FG2 handling is plenty good for me and I don't see Eibachs improving the car in that area.
07-13-04, 09:00 AM
My next set of tires will be aftermarket wider ones and I'm concerned about clearance problems if the car were any lower than it already is sitting. The FG2 handling is plenty good for me and I don't see Eibachs improving the car in that area. How wide can you go on the V? I've been looking arounf at rim/tire packages and it's looking rather slim right now.