: Has anyone purchased brakes (rotor & pads) from GMpartsDirect....I need advice!

donjuandr
04-29-09, 11:53 AM
The prices seem to be very reasonable. Has anyone ordered brakes from there? Are they really the same as the dealer would use?

If anyone can give me some feedback please or suggestions on any other site?

I'll also need tires so I'll take advise on that as well (where to buy and make/model).

Thanks,
John

George Ware
04-29-09, 08:50 PM
No I have not, but I just had F&R pads and rotors done at dealer (Bravo Cadillac El Paso TX) for: Front $165.91/ Rear $176.44.
They did a very good job!

George Ware

sgilbert
04-29-09, 10:08 PM
F & R rotors & pads (lifetime) from NAPA a bit more than $300.

cfishkin
04-29-09, 10:55 PM
Make sure you factor in the shipping costs.

USAFRET
04-30-09, 04:36 AM
Their prices are attractive, but their shipping costs are atrocious.

I'd shop around locally before I order from them just to compare TOTAL cost of purchase.

Tom

TTopJohn
04-30-09, 12:14 PM
I like http://www.gmpartshouse.com I've ordered several things from them, and ordered a LOT of parts from the fella who runs back when he used to work at a Pontiac dealer. Good prices, customer service, and fast shippinghttp://www.gmpartshouse.com.

Klei14
04-30-09, 12:17 PM
I get parts from newgmparts.com, they have good prices. I need to get my front rotor/pads replaced very soon.

The Wrench
05-01-09, 05:09 PM
I've bought a few Corvette parts (but not brakes) from GMpartsdirect, and they have always been genuine GM. Yeah, shipping costs are where they make their money, so check the bottom line.
Delivery was usually good, but once I ordered a weird part, and it took 3 weeks to get it. No return, no cancel, so better have the right part #, and be willing to wait for it if necessary.

As stated above, Gene at Partshouse is a good guy, and will actually communicate with you via email.

DG

USAFRET
05-01-09, 08:09 PM
I've bought a few Corvette parts (but not brakes) from GMpartsdirect, and they have always been genuine GM. Yeah, shipping costs are where they make their money, so check the bottom line.
Delivery was usually good, but once I ordered a weird part, and it took 3 weeks to get it. No return, no cancel, so better have the right part #, and be willing to wait for it if necessary.

As stated above, Gene at Partshouse is a good guy, and will actually communicate with you via email.

DG

Gene has a great reputation over on the Corvette Forum. Don't take my word, pay a visit to the CF and see fot yourself. He charges EXACT shipping with no BS mark up and has an easy return policy.

Tom

smithb
05-02-09, 09:03 AM
All of the parts at gmpartsdirect.com are genuine gm parts. It is a car dealer's online parts site. I've had numerous people tell me the shipping there was way high, but it has never been that high for me. It was certainly cheaper total than anywhere else overall for the parts I've ordered. They will not ship glass though. I tried to order the weather stripping for the right rear door's window, but there is the small side light piece of glass in it. They were about half the price of a $500 part, but they wouldn't ship glass. No where else was even close (not within $150) of their price. You do have to have the correct part number, but I order from them whenever I need something that costs more than $50.

algiorda
05-03-09, 10:21 AM
Does Cadillac use Ceramic pads on the SRX? One of the things I LOVE about the SRX is that they do not emit any brake dust on the wheels. The wheels keep nice and clean.

King3244
05-03-09, 11:24 AM
I just checked rockauto.com and gmpartshouse.com and their prices are very similar as are their shipping costs. I like the rock auto catalog better as it has better description of parts but if you can use a vin at gm parts house that is definitely an advantage. I have used rockauto with great success. I agree that gm parts direct has very high shipping costs.