: Theft alarm goes off..

mattias
04-29-09, 04:31 AM
Anyone have had any problems with the theft alarm going off without any reason? This happens to me now and then and the only way to fix it is by turning off the motion sensor before locking the car. My local dealer have ordered a new indoor sensor for the alarm, hope that solves the problem...

murphyuk
07-21-09, 02:21 PM
My CTS does this. Did you get it fixed? What caused it if now OK?

mattias
08-05-09, 08:30 AM
They have located it to the theft intrusion sensor, located in the roof lamp console between driver and passenger. If the sensor is hanging loose everyting works fine, but if it is mounted in the console it will cause a false activation of the alarm. Right now the intrusion sensor is disconnected, they said two months ago that they will contact GM but nothing has happened.

For the CTS I know there is an old bulletin about this:
04-08-56-003A Rear Dome Lamp Console Mounting Loose, False Activation of Theft System (Replace Rear Console, Transfer Theft Intrusion Snesor to New Console) September 12, 2006

Professor Wizard
08-05-09, 11:27 AM
I didn't know there was a theft alarm... Meaning, I have never had mine go off!

Hmmm.. now I am wondering if mine works.... I'll have to do the window down / lock car / reach in open door - test to see!

Mattias: Maybe you have a mouse living in your car - setting off the motion detectors! :)

mattias
08-06-09, 03:03 AM
Is this some special equipment for the European cars or what? Because otherwise this problem should be more visible on this forum. My dealer had three cars right now with the same problem and there is no solution to it right now...I don't think they can blame it on mouses running around in swedish Cadillacs :-)

robhersch
08-06-09, 07:46 PM
Anyone have had any problems with the theft alarm going off without any reason? This happens to me now and then and the only way to fix it is by turning off the motion sensor before locking the car. My local dealer have ordered a new indoor sensor for the alarm, hope that solves the problem...

We have experienced our theft alarm going off for no apparent reason, but finally isolated it to an apparently sensitive "alarm button" on one of the remotes. By leaving the sensitive remote at home, the alarm has not since gone off.
It may be worth your testing as it is a simple test.
Good luck.

allroadusa
03-18-11, 02:21 AM
I feel like I should update this thread just in case it would help some people.
I recently got tons of false intrusion detections with alarm going off even in the middle of the night !
Unplugged the intrusion sensor and nights became silent again.
Intrusion sensor is located on overhead console. Part number is 15774715 and is pretty expensive ! 816€ listed at Paris stealership ! Got it @ buy gm parts worldwide for $400. You might want to leave without replacing it. As an car enthusiast, I hate owning a baby with something that doesn't work as expected.

http://z1.zod.fr/z/iphone-548-UXob.jpg

http://z1.zod.fr/z/iphone-547-TXob.jpg

As you can see, batch# of the old part is "test" (!). Batch of new part is "1895"

Mrmackey
12-11-11, 02:28 PM
Replaced my 2001 STS with 2008 SRX 3,6 with 38K miles and i must say that have been to the dealer number of times already. Since the car is still under warranty they have replaced all shocks, both xenons, one taillamp and couple of smaller things. But seems that saga continues since alarm went off yesterday couple of times and same thing today so at the moment i need to turn off motion sensor every time before i lock the car. Seems like similar problem described on this thread....so i will call dealer tomorrow and see what they're suggesting...but for a 3 months i have seen them already too many times....

Vettersandhubby
09-04-12, 12:54 PM
wiz hi it's vetters and hubby. Today I got battery changed and now alarm wont disable to get key out and hazards flashing when press brake. called rippy said never heard of. now in dash says service security and hazards on ...in driveway. Starts..and tried disconnect restart thing..didnt work. please help.

glake89
09-04-12, 01:38 PM
You may have some DTCs. Sometimes when this happens, clearing the codes will reset things to normal.Worth a try.

Mrmackey
05-15-14, 01:14 AM
Hi

a little update on this. Today 6 am that damn alarm went off again. Before today, last time when it occurred was last summer. then i called a shop where a service my car and they suggested that i check a switch under the hood. With intense sun hood could bend a little and when the switch doesn't connect to hood it prompts alarm. Bent the switch little bit, made sure that it connects and no more alarms. Since today. But i'm pretty sure that this time it's not hood related since it's like 8C outside at the moment and no sun. :-(