: wheel center medallion

sburgin
04-28-09, 10:34 PM
Came out of work to find that one of my wheels (17 inch painted stock) center medallions was "gone". The adhesive still there and sticky. I can't imagine it just came off the wheel and suspect some kid popped it off the wheel with a screwdriver.

Argh....

Again, they didn't take the whole piece of the wheel that covers the lug, just the round center Cadillac symbol medallion.

Need to replace it, but only place I can find it gm parts direct - and they want to sell the whole center piece (not just the medallion). Think I'm stuck buying that whole piece just to get what I'm after ?

z06bigbird
04-28-09, 10:39 PM
Midnight auto supply. Heck, they may have been the one(s) who took yours.

rb92gt
04-28-09, 11:28 PM
I can't imagine they actually took just the center piece and not the entire cap, as it would have been much easier to remove the entire cap... I think it actually fell off. Either that or one stupid criminal.

pjbizjak
04-29-09, 11:56 AM
e-bay

bbshriver
04-29-09, 11:10 PM
Does anyone know if this medallion can be had in color?

hazcaddy
04-30-09, 09:13 AM
Yes it can, it's in color on my '07.

bbshriver
04-30-09, 10:53 AM
Would I get this from a dealer or ??
Afraid dealers will want $$$ (ordering colored wheel crests on your new Porsche will cost almost $1k).

ajmasala
04-30-09, 11:16 AM
I bought a set of four (black colored ones) center caps off ebay to replace the silver ones that came with the original wheels on my STS.
They are very easy to replace - you want to take the wheel off and pop the center cap from the back.
If you are interested in purchasing my original silver-color caps please PM me.

pjbizjak
04-30-09, 12:43 PM
No need to remove wheel to pop center cap, just use a very thin bladed knife(razor knife) and just pry off.

sburgin
04-30-09, 02:15 PM
When I "lost" mine, there was still adhesive on the wheel center that was used to hold the medallion onto the wheel - so I presume I just can 'glue' it back on...although I'd be curious to know what kind of adhesive can hold up the abuse a wheel must get.