: Howdy

pwrhse
06-25-03, 05:30 PM
Greetings from Florida,

I recently purchased my second Caddy.. 87 Fleetwood Brougham
White w/ red int. . only had it 2 weeks and loving it.

I had forgotten how nice a Cadillac rides, about 9 years ago I
had a 85 Seville Maroon w/ White interior (pimp wagon).

I am looking forward to learning some tips and tricks from
more seasoned Cadillac owners.

Pwrhse

SoundAdvantage
06-26-03, 01:05 AM
WELCOME to our HangOut, Tip #1 Oil and Filter change Every 2000 miles, air filter every 6 months, new GM AC Delco spark plugs, dist. cap and rotor once a year. Tip #2 Never HotRod your Cadillac, it's not what you have, it's what you take care of! Tip #3 Wax your car once a month to protect it's finish, one day it will be a Classic.

BeelzeBob
06-26-03, 09:31 AM
Welcome aboard, PwrHse! And thank you for signing up! Vero Beach! Home of the Dodgers AAA farm team. Right? I miss Vero Beach.. I lived there for one Summer...

pwrhse
06-26-03, 11:18 AM
Welcome aboard, PwrHse! And thank you for signing up! Vero Beach! Home of the Dodgers AAA farm team. Right? I miss Vero Beach.. I lived there for one Summer...

Right on...Dodgertown in the spring.

Vero is a very nice city but....the florida sun does a number on
vinyl tops and plastic facia.

thanks for the warm welcome

hehe seems I've stolen your avatar, soon as my caddy is
whipped into shape it'll be my new icon.

elwesso
06-26-03, 04:37 PM
Welcome aboard.... Thanks for signing up......
I hope yours is in superb condition (or you plan on making it that way), because I dont see many from that era that are in good condition; they all seem to be beaters with broken grilles and rusted!!!!!

Now just get rid of that red interior (imo, thats a big NONO in my book :) )

pwrhse
06-26-03, 05:49 PM
Welcome aboard.... Thanks for signing up......
I hope yours is in superb condition (or you plan on making it that way), because I dont see many from that era that are in good condition; they all seem to be beaters with broken grilles and rusted!!!!!

Now just get rid of that red interior (imo, thats a big NONO in my book :) )

a step ahead of ya,

I found some nice tan leather seats on ebay

jerseyMan
06-27-03, 11:56 AM
Welcome....

AirJigga25
06-27-03, 03:31 PM
WELCOME to our HangOut, Tip #1 Oil and Filter change Every 2000 miles, air filter every 6 months, new GM AC Delco spark plugs, dist. cap and rotor once a year. Tip #2 Never HotRod your Cadillac, it's not what you have, it's what you take care of! Tip #3 Wax your car once a month to protect it's finish, one day it will be a Classic.

Wax once a month?? Does anyone else think this is overkill?

elwesso
06-28-03, 12:34 AM
NO!! It will make your car look better, and it will protect it from the elements..... Unfortuantely, GMs paint jobs dont like to last long with no maintenace, so in essence, nothing is overkill (and when it comes to maintenance, not much is overkill)

Ralph
06-28-03, 03:20 AM
Welcome newcommer. I try to wax at least once or twice a month. If I am lazy and don't want to do a big paste job, I'll use Turtle Wax Express shine between waxes. How can it be overkill? I call it a labour of love! :rose:

AirJigga25
06-29-03, 10:50 PM
Welcome newcommer. I try to wax at least once or twice a month. If I am lazy and don't want to do a big paste job, I'll use Turtle Wax Express shine between waxes. How can it be overkill? I call it a labour of love! :rose:

Unfortunately, I don't have time to wax that much. Pam Anderson waxes more than i do...

elwesso
06-29-03, 10:54 PM
Unfortunately, I don't have time to wax that much. Pam Anderson waxes more than i do...
Hopefully you wont use that kind of wax.....

If you dont wax very often, then get yourself some good synthetic wax..... it lasts longer, but it doesnt have the beading action, so you cant really tell when you need to do it again......

I have used eagle one wet shine, with very good results..... easy to apply, and a nice shine......

Ralph
06-30-03, 02:26 AM

And don't forget she's Canadian, so is Shannon Tweed, she is from my city of Saskatoon! :eyebrow: :worship: