: $13 data logger program for Ipod/Phone

ccextra1976
04-27-09, 12:04 AM
Read an interesting article in Grassroots motorsports mag....you can download this program http://www.dynolicious.com/

and record items such a 1/4 mile time...0-60 times...horsepower...G-forces in 360 degrees etc....works off the accelerometers in your ipod/phone....same principle as a G force pro....but it's a $13 download....check it out

Twitch
04-27-09, 12:14 PM
DO A SEARCH :rant2:
haha
Yeah, guys were talking about this last summer. I was pissed, cuz I recently picked a blackberry over the iphone. :mad:

TampaCTS-V
04-27-09, 12:37 PM
There is also a free version called pocketdyno you can try first. I have the pocket dyno one but have yet to actually test it out.

whisler151
04-27-09, 12:59 PM
Read an interesting article in Grassroots motorsports mag....you can download this program http://www.dynolicious.com/

and record items such a 1/4 mile time...0-60 times...horsepower...G-forces in 360 degrees etc....works off the accelerometers in your ipod/phone....same principle as a G force pro....but it's a $13 download....check it out

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/146138-those-iphone.html

SkullV
04-27-09, 02:05 PM
DO A SEARCH :rant2:
haha
Yeah, guys were talking about this last summer. I was pissed, cuz I recently picked a blackberry over the iphone. :mad:

Coming out for the Blackberry Storm in early May!

814V
04-27-09, 05:43 PM
ive had this app since it came out.. it actually really works well

the only problem is you need something to firmly hold the phone in place so it wont miss read

tweeter81
04-27-09, 07:52 PM
ive had this app since it came out.. it actually really works well

the only problem is you need something to firmly hold the phone in place so it wont miss read

What kind of numbers does it give you? Have you had your car dyno'ed so you can compare the "real" numbers with the iphone numbers?

CTSV_510
04-27-09, 08:40 PM
Oh come on! I clicked on this thread thinking there is a program and hookup to the OBD port for real data logging...:banghead:

:thepan:

SoJersey05V
04-27-09, 09:24 PM
i also thought the same tom... oh well.

ccextra1976
04-27-09, 11:52 PM
well screw you guys :histeric: it's not like I was reading a year old copy of the magazine left in some bathroom stall lol....it's a new issue so I thought it was new...:banghead:

Twitch
04-28-09, 06:54 AM
well screw you guys :histeric: it's not like I was reading a year old copy of the magazine left in some bathroom stall lol....it's a new issue so I thought it was new...:banghead:
Whoever wrote that article, must have gotten it from a bathroom stall :duck:

ccextra1976
04-28-09, 08:14 AM
Whoever wrote that article, must have gotten it from a bathroom stall :duck:

ok that was witty...lol.......

so no one has used the program they downloaded? they said once you mount the phone right and zero it out it's actually not bad....and they were testing it against a traqmate

Twitch
04-28-09, 08:30 AM
ok that was witty...lol.......

so no one has used the program they downloaded? they said once you mount the phone right and zero it out it's actually not bad....and they were testing it against a traqmate
lol

I guess it did pretty well. DEFF worth the 13 bucks. I would have bought the iphone just for that app.

814V
04-28-09, 02:23 PM
im gonna make a mount for mine.. next time i go to the track we can compare #'s

ccextra1976
04-28-09, 10:52 PM
lol

I guess it did pretty well. DEFF worth the 13 bucks. I would have bought the iphone just for that app.

im gonna make a mount for mine.. next time i go to the track we can compare #'s

i was going to cut out a piece of hard foam...and and install in the center console....i think it will the best place....closest place to center line of car/gravity and would reduce a little of the "body roll" effect for lateral G's

814V
04-28-09, 10:59 PM
yup thats what i was thinking as well. pick up some foam from home depot and go to town. should be fairly easy