Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Questions about the CTS-V

847 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  AG'S-V 
#1 ·
Hi there! Just bought an 04 CTS-V, had a few questions.

1. Without replacing the factory disc changer and nav system, what are my options to get more music on the system...as in playing mp3 cds, or hooking up an iPod, etc?

2. What is your preference for lowering springs, Eibachs or H&R and why? I know there are full coilover sets available, I'm just not really interested in those right now.

3. I saw cadillac FAQ page on Google...but what are my options for wheels that aren't 3-4k a set without tires?

4. Does the B&M shifter for the car retain the factory knob?

5. Is it possible (without buying a $300 box that I saw from searching on Google) to bypass the parking brake security feature of the DVD system...such as cutting a wire or something?

6. Where can I find a cheap alternative to the $200 navigation DVD? Can I buy one of the cheaper ones on eBay? I'm not traveling to any newly developed areas, so if it's a bit outdated, I don't really care...

7. How do I turn off the door auto lock when the car is put into gear/over 5mph? I don't have a manual :(

Thanks in advance for your help!

See less See more
#2 ·
Can't help with all your ques, but ...

2. A lot of us bought the Ground Control kits with Eibach springs. Though there are some alternative methods, the GC kit has all the parts you need.

3. cadillacfaq.com can answer a ton of questions, some you haven't even asked yet. VERY worthwhile reading.

4. B&M, Katech, and UUC all retain the factor shift knob. You'd love any of these compared to the stock shifter.

5. Check the faq for watching a DVD while driving.

7. This also may be in the faq (I don't recall).

Welcome!

#5 ·
Can't help with all your ques, but ...

2. A lot of us bought the Ground Control kits with Eibach springs. Though there are some alternative methods, the GC kit has all the parts you need.

3. cadillacfaq can answer a ton of questions, some you haven't even asked yet. VERY worthwhile reading.

4. B&M, Katech, and UUC all retain the factor shift knob. You'd love any of these compared to the stock shifter.

5. Check the faq for watching a DVD while driving.

7. This also may be in the faq (I don't recall).

Welcome!
Thank you.

2. How much and where are the GC kits?

3. I also saw their page on wheels, is that all that is available?

4. Thank you.

5. I saw how to allow you to play it before you get moving, by pressing the seek and second button from the bottom right, but then you can't pause or anything while you drive.

7. If it is I couldn't find it.

Thanks for the help!

6 If you buy one off Ebay you need to make sure it is for the right nav unit. Even though they all look the same in the V they did make changes. Kind of a pain in the ass but if you look at the back of the radio you will see a sticker with a part number on it. Your nav disc needs to work with your radio. I believe the first change occured in mid 2005. So 2004-early 2005 production were all the same. I guess if you look on the GM nav disc site you can find the proper disc part number you need and then search Ebay for an older one.
I know I sound really cheap right about now, but if I knew someone with a 2004 CTS-V could I just burn their DVD?

#3 ·
6 If you buy one off Ebay you need to make sure it is for the right nav unit. Even though they all look the same in the V they did make changes. Kind of a pain in the ass but if you look at the back of the radio you will see a sticker with a part number on it. Your nav disc needs to work with your radio. I believe the first change occured in mid 2005. So 2004-early 2005 production were all the same. I guess if you look on the GM nav disc site you can find the proper disc part number you need and then search Ebay for an older one.

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.