: 09 Z06 engine for sale

Mystical_Ice
04-24-09, 08:29 PM
I know a guy that's selling an 09 Z06 engine, with something like 26 miles on it, for $4000. Anyone interested, message me.

I just found out, and wanted to pass the offer on to the rest of the forums

Apparently he drove it straight from the dealership to some speed shop, and they did an engine swap.

rand49er
04-24-09, 08:51 PM
Dang! That's cheaper than a Maggie!

Wonder what other mods you'd have to do to make it fit. Hood might be just a start.

scoobiedoo1
04-24-09, 09:36 PM
PM'ed you.

CTSV_510
04-24-09, 09:40 PM
:eek: $4k?

Holy crap that is cheap! I also doubt that the speed shop will have any trouble finding a home for it.

CTSV_Rob
04-24-09, 10:31 PM
I'm interested if scoobie backs out.

ccextra1976
04-24-09, 10:34 PM
damn that's a sweet deal....ctsv154 is gonna be pissed when he reads this post :eek:

ctsv154
04-24-09, 10:40 PM
hmm...

ctsv154
04-24-09, 10:43 PM
I'm not really pissed. I've always wanted a blower car and now I have one. I couldn't be more happier with my car and my decision. Every once in a while you get somebody foolish enough to sell a 26 mile LS7 for $4000, and it makes you think what if. I feel like I did pretty decent for the money I spent and what all I accomplished in my car. I never thought I would have a car like this at the age of 24. And never in a million years did I think it would be a caddy!!! I'm just happy somebody will be getting a good deal. You would still need to convert your car to a dry sump or convert the engine to a wet sump. Plus you would have to dump a little more money in the LS7 to get to the power I SHOULD be at when I get tuned.

ccextra1976
04-24-09, 10:49 PM
I'm not really pissed. I've always wanted a blower car and now I have one. I couldn't be more happier with my car and my decision. Every once in a while you get somebody foolish enough to sell a 26 mile LS7 for $4000, and it makes you think what if. I feel like I did pretty decent for the money I spent and what all I accomplished in my car. I never thought I would have a car like this at the age of 24. And never in a million years did I think it would be a caddy!!! I'm just happy somebody will be getting a good deal. You would still need to convert your car to a dry sup or convert the engine to a wet sump. Plus you would have to dump a little more money in the LS7 to get to the power I SHOULD be at when I get tuned.

:thumbsup: i know but I was thinking it was close to what you spent on rebuilding you ls6....and was imagining buy'n that Ls7 and a blower for it would be about the same overall cost of what you put out

ctsv154
04-24-09, 10:58 PM
Yeah that would be one sick car. I just didnt want so much power that I broke the diff every time I looked at the go pedal! For now, I'm sure this will be plenty of power for me.

I think the way the car is set up and the way I drive, the engine should last a long time just because of the way its built and the the maggie shouldn't require the addition of an $8000 rear end swap. Hopefully! Just enough to go fast but not enough to break everything (if you treat it right). You know what I mean? To be honest, I dont really want more than 600 or so hp at the engine. I would think I should be somewhere close to that mark if all goes as planned. At least for now. Maybe in the future I'll have the rear end done, but for now, this should do just fine!

ccextra1976
04-24-09, 11:04 PM
Yeah that would be one sick car. I just didnt want so much power that I broke the diff every time I looked at the go pedal! For now, I'm sure this will be plenty of power for me.

I think the way the car is set up and the way I drive, the engine should last a long time just because of the way its built and the the maggie shouldn't require the addition of an $8000 rear end swap. Hopefully! Just enough to go fast but not enough to break everything (if you treat it right). You know what I mean? To be honest, I dont really want more than 600 or so hp at the engine. I would think I should be somewhere close to that mark if all goes as planned. At least for now. Maybe in the future I'll have the rear end done, but for now, this should do just fine!

I hear ya....one day for the V i want to N/A about 500rwhp..yep it's goin to be hard...but a good goal...my budy in cali had a 780ish rwhp (detunned) TT viper:thepan:....the damn thing isn't even worth driving on the street..

CTS-Voodoo
04-24-09, 11:09 PM
LS7s dont just bolt right up to the tranny do they? It really cant be that simple...

I may have a buyer for you.

ctsv154
04-24-09, 11:13 PM
Yes they will bolt directly to the trans. The bolt patten for the bell housing is the same. The outside of the block looks identical to just about every other gm engine. Its still a small block, just more stroke and more bore.

ctsv154
04-24-09, 11:16 PM
One problem is converting to a dry sump or converting the engine to a wet sump. Either way really shouldn't be to bad.

Almost forgot. The biggest problem would be for 04/05 guys. The LS6 has a 24 tooth reluctor wheel on the crank and the 06/07 have the 58. The LS7 runs the 58 and for the LS6 guys, you would need to go to a 4" stroker crank with a 24 tooth reluctor, or find a box that will allow you to run the 58 tooth in a car built for the 24.

ctsv154
04-24-09, 11:28 PM
One problem is converting to a dry sump or converting the engine to a wet sump. Either way really shouldn't be to bad.

Almost forgot. The biggest problem would be for 04/05 guys. The LS6 has a 24 tooth reluctor wheel on the crank and the 06/07 have the 58. The LS7 runs the 58 and for the LS6 guys, you would need to go to a 4" stroker crank with a 24 tooth reluctor, or find a box that will allow you to run the 58 tooth in a car built for the 24.

If I'm not mistaken, the cam position sensor is now on the font of the engine instead of the back. I think, dont quote me. I've never been under the hood of a 4th gen LSx powered car.

By the way I meant to hite edit on the las post. Not quote. Oh well. I just raised my post count another point! Did you know if you go to classifieds and post you can see your post count! haha now everybody will be spamming the classifieds lol

rangerrob
04-25-09, 06:00 AM
Mystical Ice, PM sent!

blue89bird
04-25-09, 09:27 AM
PM me the owners contact info please.

CTSV_Rob
04-25-09, 11:15 AM
LOL, advantage goes to tne truck motor for tne LS7 swap.

It's what they should have put in the 06 to start with.

AlmostAV
04-25-09, 11:30 AM
Im going to bet on the fact that this is total BS. Its hard to find a complete ls6 with 30,000 miles on it for 4,000 no less a 09 ls7 with 26 miles....I just dont see it being possible.

Shenanigans!

whisler151
04-25-09, 11:54 AM
LOL, advantage goes to tne truck motor for tne LS7 swap.

It's what they should have put in the 06 to start with.

:yeah:

6Speed
04-25-09, 12:47 PM
Its still a small block, just more stroke and more bore.

Thats why it would be more difficult to put forced induction to it. you can but it is a gamble!! The sides are thinner than the normal ls's. The thing I do like about the 7 is that you can get over 600 hp at the engine without the need of a blower. And that would be so sweet!!

ctsv154
04-25-09, 12:56 PM
Thats why it would be more difficult to put forced induction to it. you can but it is a gamble!! The sides are thinner than the normal ls's. The thing I do like about the 7 is that you can get over 600 hp at the engine without the need of a blower. And that would be so sweet!!

That is precisely why GM dropped from 7.0 to 6.2L in the ZR1.

atdeneve
04-26-09, 11:36 AM
So what's the deal? Is this kosher? And, if so, did anyone jump on it?

If not, Mystical, hit me up with the info. I'll take it, yesterday. You know the guy? Personally? Or was it something you saw posted on another forum?

rangerrob
04-26-09, 01:43 PM
already inquiring ;)

BacDoc
04-26-09, 05:28 PM
In for the shenanigans.

Mystical_Ice
04-27-09, 08:46 AM
no, this is a guy that i know through a mutual friend. i'm finding out the details today, so i'll keep you all posted.

ctsv154
04-27-09, 09:12 AM
I bet its already gone!

scoobiedoo1
04-27-09, 12:03 PM
Do I get first shot at it since I PMed you first? :thumbsup:

The Tony Show
04-27-09, 01:34 PM
I just hope it's all legit and you don't end up in the middle of a "situation" by connecting the two parties, Mystical.

rangerrob
04-27-09, 05:22 PM
Do I get first shot at it since I PMed you first? :thumbsup:

mallett cts-v??? greedy?

Mystical_Ice
04-27-09, 07:04 PM
I just hope it's all legit and you don't end up in the middle of a "situation" by connecting the two parties, Mystical.

yeah you're right man, but hopefully it's legit... i won't get too involved. i'm just getting the two parties in contact. whatever happens beyond that i'm not responsible for :/

03blwn281
04-28-09, 03:16 PM
I will take it off his hands if hasnt had it sold already...

nmaier2201
04-28-09, 05:27 PM
I hope it's legit, it's a good deal... but I smelll..........chop shop.......sniff sniff.......hot engine.......sniff sniff.... look up VIN on block to see if car was stolen...

Mystical_Ice
04-28-09, 09:51 PM
Sorry guys, engine was already sold (should've known at that price it would be, right).

In a way i regret even creating this thread, but wanted to gauge interest in it first, and see if anyone wanted it. Guess he sold it to someone he knew personally first.

And for the record, everything checked out - it's a practically brand new engine :/

ctsv154
04-28-09, 10:44 PM
I knew it! What did I say? lol

Luna.
04-29-09, 01:34 AM
A couple of people have gone through the effort of changing out the LS6 to the LS7 and I made a significant inquiry about it myself...what did I learn? It's a BITCH/SIGNIFICANT UNDERTAKING.

Just do a search on this forum and you'll find the thread discussing it easy enough...my god, the challenges he had...wow...I just shake my head at all he went threw.

If you wanted to go the 427 route, it's easy enough to build a wet-sump motor up from scratch without 1/100th of the issues and just go that way. I'd NEVER do an LS7 setup...unless it was an outrageous deal, like here.... :duck:

Mystical_Ice
04-29-09, 11:09 AM
well apparently if i'd contacted him on friday, it would've still been for sale (as it was when i posted this thread).

guess $4k for a 26 mile LS7 is a good enough deal that someone went to his house to get it lol

lollygagger8
04-29-09, 11:20 AM
Wonder what they are putting it in? Ford Pinto? Chevy Vega? ha

6Speed
04-30-09, 10:53 AM
Wonder what they are putting it in? Ford Pinto? Chevy Vega? ha

Something not worthy thats for sure!!:rant2: