: HAWK HP PLUS save $ and free shipping

el_bandido
04-24-09, 06:58 PM
Doing a search on the web for the HP Plus. I typed in the part number with no dot and pulled the pads up at Amazon for $122.40 free shipping. A few left, just in case it helps anyone out.

rand49er
04-24-09, 08:20 PM
Doing a search on the web for the HP Plus. I typed in the part number with no dot and pulled the pads up at Amazon for $122.40 free shipping. A few left, just in case it helps anyone out.I've had $168 sitting in Amazon.com for two years now, and I can always find what I want cheaper somewhere else.

Did you try Luke?

Twitch
04-25-09, 01:54 AM
I paid about $150 for the fronts, just for the part. Thought it was crazy that I paid $250 for aftermarket pads. They do work REAL good though.

Cowan480
04-25-09, 06:56 AM
Are these the ones that have limited or reduced brake dust?

Cowan

Bueller
04-25-09, 07:52 AM
HPS are less dust but almost stock stoppiing.

HP+ are same dust but more stopping power. May squeak at slow speeds a little.

el_bandido
04-25-09, 11:04 PM
Yes Hawk HPS is less dust and HP Plus is more dust but stopping power is better. I don't know yet since I just bought HP Plus for the front from Amazon and HPS from Luke and have yet to install them since I can't decide what rotors I want. I like these OC Autosports Cliffhangers, but I am still researching their reviews. Any suggestions would be welcome, but I'll keep searching. This is the site
Amazon.com: Hawk HB453N585 HP Plus Brake Pad: Automotive

Pics and description are of the HPS pads, BUT the price and part numbers are correct and I know you will receive the PLUS's since I did

tweeter81
04-26-09, 05:06 PM
Yes Hawk HPS is less dust and HP Plus is more dust but stopping power is better. I don't know yet since I just bought HP Plus for the front from Amazon and HPS from Luke and have yet to install them since I can't decide what rotors I want. I like these OC Autosports Cliffhangers, but I am still researching their reviews. Any suggestions would be welcome, but I'll keep searching. This is the site
Amazon.com: Hawk HB453N585 HP Plus Brake Pad: Automotive (http://www.amazon.com/Hawk-HB453N585-Plus-Brake-Pad/dp/B000IET39C/ref=sr_1_1/190-0137010-2855021?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1240714269&sr=1-1)

Pics and description are of the HPS pads, BUT the price and part numbers are correct and I know you will receive the PLUS's since I did

Hey el_bandido,

Nice post, thanks for showing us all this great deal. I will be placing an order today.

I have the OC Autosport Rotors that you were referring to and have not yet installed them, so I can't give any reviews (I will after I use them for a few weeks)...but I was very pleased with the quality of the rotors and the company seems to know enough about the V to make sure these rotors are correctly sized. I measured mine after receiving them and they appear to be the right size. Also, the left and right sides are mirror images of one another (unlike the GM cross-drilled rotors) so they will look right no matter what side of the vehicle you are looking at.

tweeter81
04-26-09, 05:17 PM
Oops, double post...