: 02 Denso Nav Looking for Parts and A Question

Bolo's96STS
04-24-09, 12:27 PM
Hey Guys,

I've just updated my stock Bose in a 99 STS non-nav to a 02 nav unit with the help of N*Caddy I've got it running. Only issue I'm having is the cd changer. everytime I press CD it says CDX Error and I am also pulling a code now it's IPC U1000 (U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction) does the cd changer need to be "rebooted" ? as in pull the battery off? Any Idea on the Class 2 communication Malfunction Error? Any help would be very much appreciated

Parts I'm looking for:

The volume Knob for 02 Denso

The trim plate for around the system

Thank you!

-Rob

N*Caddy
04-24-09, 08:39 PM
Rob,

Are you trying to use the original ’99 CD changer?
Because if so, is not possible. The old CD changer is not compatible with the Denso NAV unit. That CD changer is communicating with the HU on a dedicated data line (E&D). The Denso NAV unit communicates with the CD changer on the car data bus.
You need to change the CD changer with a ’02 or newer, then you need to connect the CD data wire to the car’s data bus. The simplest way is to remove the wire connected to pin E1 (DK GRN color) and have it connected to any of the wires from pins E6 or F6 (PPL color) on the harness connected to the NAV unit.

Bolo's96STS
04-26-09, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the info N*caddy you've been a huge help in my navigation switch over

Regards,

-Rob