: To Ming or not to Ming?

OzarksHillbilly
04-24-09, 07:49 AM
I've been feeling guilty about not having time lately to keep the bodywork of my '05 V as clean as it ought to be. So I'm considering having it detailed.

One shop recommended by a friend is a Ming franchise. My friend has been pleased with the finish imparted by the Ming process -- but his vehicle is an ordinary pickup truck and he just likes it to be clean. He says the Ming process makes washing easier because bugs come off more readily.

Anybody here had their V detailed by a Ming shop? Any recommendations or warnings about the process?

(If it makes a difference, my V's color is Stealth Gray.)

Twitch
04-24-09, 07:53 AM
Never heard of it. What do they do different?

pveomett
04-24-09, 08:27 AM
Never heard of it. What do they do different?
Based on their name, I would guess they use soy sauce as a spray wax... It really keeps those bugs/road debris from sticking!

rand49er
04-24-09, 08:38 AM
Franchise? It's a dynasty. :rolleyes:

CadiBlk
04-24-09, 10:56 AM

:thumbsup: classic

JD03Cobra
04-24-09, 11:05 AM
Based on their name, I would guess they use soy sauce as a spray wax... It really keeps those bugs/road debris from sticking!

Hmmm...I'll have to try that

ahahnu
04-24-09, 12:53 PM
He says the Ming process makes washing easier because bugs come off more readily.

You just need to keep it waxed and clean and this will happen regularly.

Based on their name, I would guess they use soy sauce as a spray wax

Quote of the day. I needed that.

The Tony Show
04-24-09, 01:43 PM

:rimshot: :rofl:

Twitch
04-24-09, 02:35 PM
You just need to keep it waxed and clean and this will happen regularly.

True,,,wax is a must before any long trip.

ahahnu
04-24-09, 03:12 PM
If you keep your car washed and waxed, use a spray wax/cleaner between/after washes to keep up the shine and butter feeling.

CTS-Voodoo
04-24-09, 03:33 PM
Honestly, in terms of bugs not sticking or whatever, thats most likely hogwash unless its an oil or teflon based wax, which would usually leave streaking, especially on darker cars.

I was going to suggest claying and waxing your car. Always provided the best results for me.

ahahnu
04-24-09, 04:34 PM
I was going to suggest claying and waxing your car. Always provided the best results for me.

Check out griots garage products. Natural, and made in America. Great finish.

Twitch
04-24-09, 04:41 PM
Honestly, in terms of bugs not sticking or whatever, thats most likely hogwash unless its an oil or teflon based wax, which would usually leave streaking, especially on darker cars.

Dunno, I find it MUCH easier to wash off bugs with fresh wax on the car.

CTSV_510
04-24-09, 07:52 PM
Based on their name, I would guess they use soy sauce as a spray wax...

:histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric: :histeric:

c4ss
04-24-09, 08:58 PM

:histeric:

In that case, I'll most likely just save my money and use my PF Chang sauce at the bottom of my take out container :histeric:

Cowan480
04-24-09, 10:20 PM
Oh wow!! Too funny!! I'd say no on the wing and use the "ole" do it yourself method.

Cowan