: front motor mount

smooththg6969
04-23-09, 02:58 PM
well after waiting and sending a Pm with no response from a certain member that was going to make solid motor mounts for our cars. I got to thinking couldn't I just use a heavy duty sway bar link with poly bushings as a mount or would it be too weak ? I noticed that some have thicker studs maybe they can hold up better than the hydraulic oem ones just my guess dont flame me

http://d5otzd52uv6zz.cloudfront.net/group-adae5e64-f374-4d7f-8c24-482cb028f1cd-420.jpg

97EldoCoupe
04-23-09, 06:16 PM
I haven't abandoned the project. Just placed it on the backburner for now.

When I get that mount done and finalized, a design that I'm comfortable about selling; I will be shipping a mount to each of the three testers free of charge, considering it was promised quite a while back that they would be done.

Submariner409
04-23-09, 06:27 PM
smoothg, There are several ways to skin the motor mount cat........Before Jake started R&D on his front mount, AJ was welding up a few solid mounts. If you can adapt a stud/cookie arrangement, why not try ??? There are ways to make mounts, cables, chains, studs work. All it takes is the time and perseverance.

Ranger
04-23-09, 10:27 PM
I'm not exactly sure how you'd make those work, but I'd give it a shot. You'd know in short order if the where not up to the task.

smooththg6969
04-24-09, 04:05 PM
well im pretty sure that the one I have seen could hold up to the force of the engine on hard acceleration but I worry about the end nuts being too small . I would also have to find something to cookie in between the shafts. guess ill just wait on 97EldoCoupe or try my self.

tateos
04-24-09, 09:49 PM
Nice thinking out of the box! Maybe a truck would have a more suitable, heavier duty link?

I had even considered that maybe a stock mount fortified with snugged up metal cable wrapped a few times around the mount bracket and then the cradle would work. Not elegant, but other than that, what do you guys think about that?