: New member, 2000 DTS Owner

DTS777
07-12-04, 12:34 AM
hello

I am new member and just bought my dream car...2000 Devile DTS in Crimson Red....she only has 29K miles and is just about perfect, bought as a certifed Caddy from Massey in Orlando.....

I do have one problem that I hope to solve here. The electric seat as most know do everything, but they dont seem to go back far enough for our long legs, (Wife and I) I was wondering if anyone here has had the same problem and what was done to solve it? Of course CAddy and then my local shops siad it cant be done....

I only need another 2 inches or so....Any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance...

BeelzeBob
07-12-04, 10:59 AM
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up.

I removed the email address from your message. You'll get your answers right here as responses. Almost every time somebody posts an email address in a message, I get an email months later that Google has indexed it and now they're getting spammed. Even if I deleted at that point, it's still Cashed in the Google index...

Otherwise.. How tall are you? Cadillacs aren't the "Big" cars they used to be. Sorry.. I hope Cadillac executives are reading this...

DTS777
07-12-04, 11:09 AM
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up.

I removed the email address from your message. You'll get your answers right here as responses. Almost every time somebody posts an email address in a message, I get an email months later that Google has indexed it and now they're getting spammed. Even if I deleted at that point, it's still Cashed in the Google index...

Otherwise.. How tall are you? Cadillacs aren't the "Big" cars they used to be. Sorry.. I hope Cadillac executives are reading this...
Not that tall 6'3", but my knees are bent all the time, the right one rests in the center console..the only relief is to put her in cruise....My wife would like to move a bit more as well. When I look into the back seat floor area, there must be 8 to 10 inches of unused room...I only need 2 or 3 inches to really make her more comfortable...

Thanks for the welcome to the club...

Fritzi
07-12-04, 12:08 PM
what's up ., check out my 200 dts....

CADDYBLACK99
07-14-04, 05:11 PM
Welcome DTS777!

I love that color! Good luck with the DTS "certified" is the way to go. You will love this car.
:welcome:
Paul

Fritzi
07-15-04, 06:35 PM
ya nee dsome rims :)

DTS777
07-15-04, 10:14 PM
I thought thats what I had on my car...rims....they are like mirrors, the center caps Caddy Logos are done in Gold leaf....Runnning 235 55 ZR 17 BridgeStone Turanza's rated at 149 to 249 mph...I dont think I will be needing the upper end of that range..LOL:D

Fritzi
07-16-04, 01:03 PM
i know you have rims , but you should get RIMS! lol.