: Are the 2008 sts side vents real or just the chrome piece is drilled or taped on?

STS42006
04-23-09, 03:04 AM
even though i found no help on this site when i ask basic questions i will step up to the plate. After going through hell i finally officially found out that the 2008 front bumper cover is a exact fit with no problem im getting this done i will post pics unlike 05stslover i asked him one thing and that was to post pictures and got no response so screw him but i will post pictures for you guys after paint and put on so you wont have to go through hell like i did. But now i wanna add the OEM 2008 cadillac sts side vents and wanna no where can i get them and if they are real side vents or not on the 2008 cadillac sts. o and i am adding hid lights there going to be badass thanks.

njmike
04-24-09, 04:21 PM
Hi. To answer your question, they are both. They do need to be cut into the fenders. But the don't do anything because they are sealed. So think of them as recessed plastic vents. Purely decoration. But I would want them too. I know that they list for about $200 a piece and some dealersare as low as $120 but still high in my opinion. The good news is that if you want to install them, it is just a matter of making general cut outs in the fender and mostly they are held on with double sided tape around the edges.

The CTS and Escalade for example, require not only cutting into the fenders BUT the edges of the sheet metal around the vents in these cars is stamped to recess the vents further and I don't see how to duplicate this in CTS, Escalade.

To give you a better understanding, go to E&G classic grilles and look for mesh fill ins for these. They have a step by step installtion that shows in depth what they look like out of the car and how they are reinstalled.

Hope this helps.

STS42006
04-25-09, 12:49 PM
thanks so much definitely helped

STS42006
04-25-09, 12:49 PM
thanks definitely helped

STS guy
04-05-11, 01:30 PM
I don't understand you guys. Maybe you should add mud flaps and squirrel tails too. Those phony side vents look hokey as hell. Let Buick do their phony porthole thing. A Caddy should look smooth and clean.

certifydg
04-05-11, 07:53 PM
you can buy mine as soon as my side front fenders from D3 come in and i get them painted.....

EChas3
04-05-11, 10:02 PM
I don't understand you guys. Maybe you should add mud flaps and squirrel tails too. Those phony side vents look hokey as hell. Let Buick do their phony porthole thing. A Caddy should look smooth and clean.

You know how it is, some people like the taste of the punch better after they piss in it.

turnne
04-06-11, 09:03 AM
I have to agree on that one

I don't get the fake add ons

Seems to me leave the car as "clean" as possible....personally I had to get over the fact that I thought my car looked a little "pimped" out because of the white diamond paint color

But I guess there is a market...I have seen STS's, on the road, with carriage roofs, vogue tires and gold accents

Warren

STS guy
04-09-11, 08:03 PM
O.K. I stepped out of line. Everyone has a right to their opinion and if you like side vents that is certainly your right. As you can plainly see, I don't like them. That is my opinion and I should have held my tongue better.

STS guy

EChas3
04-09-11, 10:13 PM
No harm in disagreeing; just no need to ridicule.

If I had a newer STS, I might be proud of my side vents (even if they are non-functional.) Even though I like a clean look, I certainly wouldn't pay a body shop to remove them.

It's a big world with a lot of points of view. It's a good thing someone finds those canvas-topped cars beautiful. Wouldn't it be a pain to own a Caddy and not like the way it looks?

malatu
04-10-11, 12:35 AM

Seems to me leave the car as "clean" as possible....personally I had to get over the fact that I thought my car looked a little "pimped" out because of the white diamond paint color

But I guess there is a market...I have seen STS's, on the road, with carriage roofs, vogue tires and gold accents

Warren

Cars are a funny thing (maybe it's we people and not the cars). When they are new, some people spend thousands making them different than stock....... then, at some time in the future (say 30 years) someone else will spend thousands getting them back to stock!

caddyfat2
04-11-11, 09:35 AM

Warren

To each their own, that's what makes the world go around.

Greg00coupe
04-11-11, 01:19 PM
The car modification business is a multi billion dollar business. Thus many folks customize their rides to their likings. It could be from a air freshener hanging from a mirror to a complete custom paint job. We are all different. Thank goodness!!! I won't always like what I see, but I always enjoy looking. To me it is important not to criticize. IMHO is serves no purpose.........and is a mark of an immature attitude on the commentors part. I've notice people with confidence problems tend to tear down as much around them as possible to try to bring others to their level. BUT again just my opinion!!!

But I do love how creative people can get with their cars!!! Makes the hobby great!!!