: 84 Buick, How Much?

DopeStar 156
07-11-04, 11:55 PM
How much would you guys pay for this Buick? Ignore the price listed and tell me what you'd pay for this car if you were looking to buy it.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=166741643&dealer_id=&car_year=1985&make=BUICK&distance=10&max_price=&model=REG&end_year=1985&advcd_on=n&min_price=&address=07838&search_type=used&advanced=n&start_year=1984&color=&cardist=0

LacSeville
07-11-04, 11:59 PM
that car isn't even worth being put in the pages of auto trader... bet he doesn't get one call. then again, i don't know about regals - it might be "special" or something?

i'd give $500 for something like that. $600 if it ran.

looking to buy?

Ralph
07-12-04, 12:07 AM
Something special would be a T-type IMO, but I would have never thought $6,000. Now that I saw what it is I would offer around $3700 (only after I knew he wants 6,000) or so and take it from there. I would go as high as $4500 or so IF I wanted it. The mileage isn't too bad, and the condition looks cared for. But it's nothing special, so I guess it's worth whatever someone will pay for it.

LacSeville
07-12-04, 12:10 AM
4 door, V6... i think you'd have to want it for nostalgic or sentimental reasons for that price.

t-type- that was the turbo 3.8?

Ralph
07-12-04, 12:15 AM
4 door, V6... i think you'd have to want it for nostalgic or sentimental reasons for that price.

t-type- that was the turbo 3.8?

Oh crap, it's a 6, I change my mind, $1700 at the most then. :bighead: I know that my Dad was offered $8,000 CDN for his 1979 Nova a few years back, and it's all original with a 305 V8. But they have to be near perfect to fetch that kind of moula.

T-type was a turbo 3.8 which became the GN I believe.

DopeStar 156
07-12-04, 12:27 AM
$1,700 huh? Well I'm not buying, I actually posted that ad for my grandpa. He wants to sell his Buick because he doesn't like to drive much anymore and wants to make some money. He's way off on the value because he wrote $6,000 on the windshield and asked me to put it up on Autotrader. I sold my Lincoln in like two weeks on Autotrader and he wanted me to do the same with his and to list it for $6,000. I know it's outrageous but because it's my grandpa of course I'll put 6k. I'm real sad to see this car go because he bought it a couple of days before I was born and I've grown up with that car. He used to make me believe it was magical because the windows would go down when he'd tell them to and so would the locks when he was really flicking switches. My poor grandpa wanted a Cadillac but could only afford the Buick, ever since I've got mine he's formed an attachment to her and I almost wanna give her to him. He loves that Buick and so do I. I wish I could take it but I can't afford three cars. My Caddy and my Chevy are enough for me. I wrote up everything in the ad and I can vouch for it being true. To me the car has about a trillion dollars worth of sentimental value and I'll prolly cry when it goes just like I did when I sold my Lincoln but sadly he doesn't drive it anymore since he moved out of the Bronx so it's just been sitting in his garage. I want him to get some money for it because he and my grandma wanna get a new car, like a new Regal and my grandma has a fairly new Saturn to trade in. I really hate to see this car go.....:crying:

Stoneage_Caddy
07-12-04, 12:31 AM
the only people with a right to buy that car at that price is Buick , and thats if it is car #1 .

It probably sold for that new !

if it is the expectional example it appreas to be and everything is 100% functional i might be able to give 3-4k , but i would hack it up to turn it into a 4 door gran-national

N/A 3.8-200r4 ,very uninspreing. this was the sister car to the best selling car in america at the time , the olds cutlass

dope- i know the feeling , just traded off Grandfathers 83 Bonnie Wagon , i cried handing the keys over to that car , thats what he wanted me to do tho , a real car was traded in on a focus that my grandmother fell in love with .
in the end it was 200k of fishin trips , campin trips , deer spotting, etc , i still remeber sitting on the center armrest so i could see over the dash to spot deer while holding 32 oz of choclate milkshake , the good ol days

Ralph
07-12-04, 12:32 AM
$1,700 huh? Well I'm not buying, I actually posted that ad for my grandpa. He wants to sell his Buick because he doesn't like to drive much anymore and wants to make some money. He's way off on the value because he wrote $6,000 on the windshield and asked me to put it up on Autotrader. I sold my Lincoln in like two weeks on Autotrader and he wanted me to do the same with his and to list it for $6,000. I know it's outrageous but because it's my grandpa of course I'll put 6k. I'm real sad to see this car go because he bought it a couple of days before I was born and I've grown up with that car. He used to make me believe it was magical because the windows would go down when he'd tell them to and so would the locks when he was really flicking switches. My poor grandpa wanted a Cadillac but could only afford the Buick, ever since I've got mine he's formed an attachment to her and I almost wanna give her to him. He loves that Buick and so do I. I wish I could take it but I can't afford three cars. My Caddy and my Chevy are enough for me. I wrote up everything in the ad and I can vouch for it being true. To me the car has about a trillion dollars worth of sentimental value and I'll prolly cry when it goes just like I did when I sold my Lincoln but sadly he doesn't drive it anymore since he moved out of the Bronx so it's just been sitting in his garage. I want him to get some money for it because he and my grandma wanna get a new car, like a new Regal and my grandma has a fairly new Saturn to trade in. I really hate to see this car go.....:crying:

It looks like a nice car and it seems cared for. I always tend to put a higher value on cars with "lower" mileage, in good shape. But like you said it's all sentimental. What do you consider "high mileage?" I guess I always thought around 65,000-100,000 MILES is getting there, although cars can last a lot longer than that if cared for.

DopeStar 156
07-12-04, 12:40 AM
I would call high mileage about where it is, 85k. But I put a lot of faith in GM cars because my Caddy is at 118k and runs beautifully and so does my grandpa. He really disliked my Lincoln which had 18k miles less than my Caddy but he absolutely loves my Fleetwood. I would think he should list the car for $3,000 on Autotrader because someone looking for a Regal Limited will use Autotrader to do so. $6k is crazy for that car but I can't tell my Grandpa that. I think listing it for that won't hurt just to see who calls.

Myself, I would love to own an 87 Grand National in all black. I could do some serious rubber burning with those wheels.

Ralph
07-12-04, 12:44 AM
I would think he should list the car for $3,000 on Autotrader because someone looking for a Regal Limited will use Autotrader to do so.

True, but I hope the price he quoted won't scare too many people away from calling, etc. You never know, somewhere out there is probably looking for a Buick limited. :)

DopeStar 156
07-12-04, 01:05 AM
Now HERE'S my Buick. :lildevil:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2483628824&category=6137

Msilva954
07-12-04, 09:14 AM
Is that still on ebay....its been there for like a year.

LacSeville
07-12-04, 10:53 AM
no kidding? that joker is sooooo clean! that arse end of that begs to be looked at while beating the soup out of some rice (or really most everything!)

DopeStar 156
07-12-04, 11:38 AM
I didn't know the GN's were 6-cyl's I thought they'd be 8's.

tru504187211
07-12-04, 01:38 PM
I love early 80's Buicks, but I still wouldn't go over $3,000.

Stoneage_Caddy
07-12-04, 03:14 PM
" didn't know the GN's were 6-cyl's I thought they'd be 8's."

Nope Intercooled Turbo 3.8 V6s (non intercooled were t types and the like) , basicly the engine in your grampas car with a turbo (why people call buick Gn's whistle wagons)

the blocks ran at indy in the 500 , stockblock buicks were very fast quailifyers but proved very unreilable for the "500" at one time they held track record for years untill aire lyendyke broke it with a ford at around 237 mph , 1 mph faster than the buick menard earlier that week . Buicks and turbos in general were outlawed in the IRL a year later as the cars were getting to fast , they havent broke past 230 in years , i think this year fastest qulifyer was around 212

DopeStar 156
07-13-04, 12:10 AM
Damn. There's a real sweet blacked out GN I think for sale on my way to work, oh how I'd love a GN. Maybe I'll sell my 99 Malibu for one!

ben72227
07-13-04, 12:31 AM
How much would you guys pay for this Buick? Ignore the price listed and tell me what you'd pay for this car if you were looking to buy it.
Not more than about $2,500; which is what NADA values the car at if it were in MINT condition with 85,000 miles.

But Buicks don't really interest me. Personally, if i were to get a car from that era, it would have to be something rare and special.... A Delorean maybe???:p

Msilva954
07-13-04, 08:44 AM
T-Types are the same as GN's....actually usually a little lighter...so you have that sleeper effect with normal paint and what not......the 86' and 87' was intercooled....the best years....under that they were the Hot years...without the intercooler. I actully still plan on buying one of those one of these days.....maybe in my mid 20's. I see about at least one a day.....alot stay here in Florida.