: Wait for me exhaust

caddiedrummer
04-22-09, 08:47 PM
Has anyone installed the wait4meperformance exhaust? If so, thoughts? Thanks

musclesbmf
04-22-09, 09:26 PM
Hopefully mine was shipped today and I'll get it in a few days... Once installed I will be happy to give my thoughts.

Mark

wait4me
04-22-09, 09:45 PM
LOL does my opinion count? jk,

The whole system when you guys get it should take 15 minutes to install.

There are 4 bolts holding on the front of the catback, and 3 rubber peices in the rear you remove and the stock one falls out. Then the stock one is in 5 foot sections and you just Band clamp them all in place and rebolt it in place with the 4 bolts on the manifolds and then put the 6 rubber pieces back on in the rear. Then unwrap and put on the rear 4 inch tips and tighten them down when straight and you are good to go.. :)

I have a little free time on friday so i will probably make 5 more sets if others want to get some. I have made 38 kits now. Pretty crazy. I havent heard any complants on sound or quality so i guess i did ok..

SSideways
04-22-09, 10:07 PM
Jess,

couple of questions.

Is your exhaust system stainless steel?

How many pieces total for complete exhaust?

Does your exhaust bent from one 3" tubing or is it a cut and weld system?

thanks

wait4me
04-22-09, 10:13 PM
I could make them in titanium or stainless if someone wanted to pay the difference in material costs. The X pipe section is stainless. As for welds, there are 3 spots. one at each end of the xpipe assembly, and then one at the rear of the car for the outlet to the tips. The other 2 cuts are stanless steel band clamps to hold it into place.

wait4me
04-22-09, 10:15 PM
I will also add, that im using thicker than normal pipe. I like the difference between sound and longevity with the thicker stuff.

I have some sticks of 3 inch titanium tubing comming, but they dont know when it will be shipped out to me. So i was going to check and see how much the difference in weight would be from one to the other. My kit is about the same as the stock system as im not using mufflers and just flows alot more air.

SSideways
04-22-09, 10:16 PM
could we get a pic of a complete exhaust un assembled.

qictrk
04-22-09, 10:41 PM
LOL does my opinion count? jk,

I have a little free time on friday so i will probably make 5 more sets if others want to get some. I have made 38 kits now. Pretty crazy. I havent heard any complants on sound or quality so i guess i did ok..

Yea for Friday. :2thumbs: Cecil...........

x-srtjeep
04-23-09, 12:09 PM
Price on the Ti system?

Kingoftypos
04-27-09, 02:57 AM
I am sorry, but I have to ask this. And I didn't want to start a new thread seeing how you, wait4me, would be able to answer this. I have an 06 Caddy CTS with a 2.8 liter. The car that I had before this was an 04 Grand Prix with dual exhaust. I miss that sound it gave off, and plus the power/mileage. I am wondering if anyone makes a dual exhaust for my 2.8 CTS? I've looked under the car, and it appears that it could be easy enough to install. The only major problem that I see, is the bumper. Either I have to cut away, or buy a new bumper. Which I think cutting away would be way cheaper, besides it's plastic, so it won't rust.

Thanks

KOT

Ketzer
05-01-09, 09:46 AM
What's the latest on these?

Any chance of doing anymore mid-pipe only setups?

Jeff-

wait4me
05-01-09, 10:06 AM
Yes i have several done, Of each layout. Ive only been shipping them out one day a week though due to the packing and special pickup needed for them. It takes up alot of time. :)

musclesbmf
05-01-09, 02:24 PM
Received mine on Monday. System looks nice. It's all aluminized and the piping is nice and thick as Jesse mentioned above. I'll be installing tomorrow morning and will give my impressions.

Thanks,
Mark

1-2-N-V
05-01-09, 03:03 PM
So this system is just from the cat back? Isn't the Fac.Cats restrictive as American Racing Headers suggests? I am not sure but i believe they say theirs wont cause errors and they are less restrictive. I mean i am sure you did a great job Jesse but i thought your set up was 3" SS pipe from cat back using factory mufflers correct? So what is the gain in having well... a less crushed pipe that is a 1/2" bigger in diameter. And how much was the Kit $$? Sorry for being a PITA . I am calling for your tune right now. I do want to do an exhaust and crisp it up a bit but i want the right combo. I posted another thread about this setup. Please let me know.

Ketzer
05-01-09, 07:06 PM
Received mine on Monday. System looks nice. It's all aluminized and the piping is nice and thick as Jesse mentioned above. I'll be installing tomorrow morning and will give my impressions.

Thanks,
Mark

Jeeze Mark, you got it on Monday, tomorrow is Saturday for Christsakes! Have you been sneaking off and eating/sleeping again?!? WTF man?!? :nono:

Jeff-

1-2-N-V
05-08-09, 11:37 AM
Has anyone installed this? how does it sound? was it easy to install? Thanks

SSideways
05-19-09, 12:06 AM
still waiting for pic's?