: Potential new STS buyer

bbshriver
04-22-09, 03:14 PM
I'm looking at a 2005 STS with GM certified pre-owned.
It's a "base" V8, no magneride, or other options, but should suit me OK, and it's at an excellent price, considering the CPO warranty.

Anything I should especially look out for? Obviously has clean title, and service history for the CPO. It is an off-lease vehicle with 31k miles.

What kind of gas mileage do most people see with the V8 STS?

is the keyless go ("key" stays in pocket) and remote start standard on the STS, or was that an additional option?

This has the base V8 sound system (Bose 8 speaker, 6 disc no nav), does that include bluetooth and/or XM, or were those only on the higher end system?

It's about 80 miles away from me, going to see it in person, and either drive home or leave behind tomorrow. Just trying to get a feel for what exactly I'm looking at.

AllWheelEric
04-22-09, 06:01 PM
I'm looking at a 2005 STS with GM certified pre-owned.
It's a "base" V8, no magneride, or other options, but should suit me OK, and it's at an excellent price, considering the CPO warranty.

Anything I should especially look out for? Obviously has clean title, and service history for the CPO. It is an off-lease vehicle with 31k miles.

What kind of gas mileage do most people see with the V8 STS?

is the keyless go ("key" stays in pocket) and remote start standard on the STS, or was that an additional option?

This has the base V8 sound system (Bose 8 speaker, 6 disc no nav), does that include bluetooth and/or XM, or were those only on the higher end system?

It's about 80 miles away from me, going to see it in person, and either drive home or leave behind tomorrow. Just trying to get a feel for what exactly I'm looking at.
I don't think there are any major concerns or frequent problems that you could screen for. If it's CPO, worry most about things that wouldn't be covered, like wear items (brakes and tires), cosmetic items, and odors.

Gas mileage won't be great. Maybe 20 in mixed driving. I get 18 with V8 and AWD.

Kelyess go is standard in all STS'S.

The standard stereo does not include bluetooth. I don't know about XM, but suspect it's included.

Make sure they provide the manuals and two key fobs and at least one key. Make sure they demo the seat recall works with fob 1 and fob 2. This proves that the fob is programmed correctly. If not, it can be corrected later but it's a pain.

Good luck!

bbshriver
04-22-09, 08:14 PM
I'm told CPO requires that it have all books/manuals and keys.

Is remote start standard as well, or just the keyless go?

Conditionwise I'm expecting basically "as new". If I notice any signifigant wear, or anything I'll probably pass.. Just wondering if there were common 'areas of interest' that I may be likely to overlook.

AllWheelEric
04-22-09, 11:51 PM
Is remote start standard as well, or just the keyless go?

I'm pretty sure it's standard.

bbshriver
04-24-09, 01:28 PM
Well... I drove it home last night!

Hopefully get some pictures up shortly.

Caroutisine
04-26-09, 01:21 PM
Congrats on the new STS. It's an awesome car. If anyone else is looking for a CPO in good shape, I noticed the dealer I traded mine into has it listed as eligible for Cadillac Certification. And I can tell you it was well cared for since new. It's located in Minnesota. I have no association with this dealership, just would like to see my old car go to a good home.

http://myfox9.carsoup.com/used/detail.asp?usedvehicleid=6476051&xdealerid=52&makeid=12&minyear=2005&maxyear=2005&searchid=U6411&vehicletypeid=1&uvviewid=4&page=1&certified=0