: Hesitant Throttle Response

1-2-N-V
04-22-09, 10:37 AM
Hi guys. New to the scene here. Just got my Raven V with Nav, Recaros and a stick. Been my dream since 04'. Just Awesome. Would you believe that some rediculously rich dude bought the car in Rochester NY. had it tinted, drove it home and back to the dealer to return it? It only had 80 miles. Maybe you guys saw it on Ebay. Went through once no sale. Did not even hit reserve. I said the hell with this and i bid it up to the reserve for $62,500. SOLD! a $68k car. NICE!

Anyway as did my testing of the 3.9 second rule. (0-60) I found in Competitive Stabili-track, that there is a slight hesititation in the throttle response. A total dead spot as i mash the pedal. Any body else experience this? Maybe in regular Traction control off mode this does not happen? :cookoo: have not tried that yet. BUT I WILL WAHOO! Seriously though it was enough to concern me so i thought i would ask here. Any thoughts? AND keep bringing on the performance talk. I wanna see 700 ponies in my ride soon! Thanks guys

Mike

musclesbmf
04-22-09, 11:08 AM
It's the tune in the ECM that is causing this. Throttle body is wireless so it is completely controlled by computer. Contact Wait4Me -- his tune is awesome and will fix your "issue." I felt the same thing in mine and now it is greatly improved with tune installed.

thanks,
Mark

eagle_lex
04-22-09, 12:35 PM
does that tune quicken the gear shifts in an auto car by chance? maybe you have a 6 speed Musclesbmf, i dont know. disregard if you do.

1-2-N-V
04-22-09, 01:08 PM
Thanks Mark. I will call on Wait for me. It seem he has got his game on.

Razorecko
04-22-09, 01:09 PM
electronic throttle SUCKs...I bought one of these for my gf's lexus and it did wonders... www.sprintboostersales.com alot of mb guys use it

wait4me
04-22-09, 02:13 PM
Yes our 400 dollar handheld fixes all of that dead spot stuff. With a stick you can realllllly tell the tip in protection is set way to high. I uploaded a drag strip run with it all stock and you can hear the motor shut off in every gear if you power shift. The testing showed that i knocked off 3 tenths with just the tune difference. I think a few have gotten 11.s with just the tune now. Im sure they will post up eventually. :)

1-2-N-V
04-22-09, 02:28 PM
Yes I have noticed that when i really stick it. I get what almost sounds like an over-rev valve float situation. and power just shuts down. So $400 smackers will take care of the lag time and bring me to 11's you say??? You are da man!:worship:

1-2-N-V
04-22-09, 02:31 PM
Oh,
Wait for ME. I sent you an email on this (because i am too new here to IM) but it bounced back at me. I tried your contacts on your site and would not submit. How does a dude get intouch with you?
Thanks,
Mike
12NV

musclesbmf
04-22-09, 03:54 PM
does that tune quicken the gear shifts in an auto car by chance? maybe you have a 6 speed Musclesbmf, i dont know. disregard if you do.

I have an automatic and the shift improvement is amazing. Best bang for the buck mod out there right now. Move the gear shift to the right (sport mode) and let the car do the shifting. I spoke to W4M and he has programmed each shift so that the next gear you are at peak torque. Big thumbs up for his tune!!!

Mark

aburd
04-22-09, 04:36 PM
how difficult is it to install the new tune. ive never dabbled into that stuff before.. sounds great though.

ab

wait4me
04-22-09, 04:43 PM
Tuning is simple, you just follow the on screen menu and it does all the rest. Takes a few minutes.

aburd
04-22-09, 07:40 PM
so I buy the programmer and not a new ECM?

wait4me
04-22-09, 08:39 PM
You can go any route you want, but most people now are just buying the handheld as it is easier and im not charging for the 3 tunes im putting in them right now.
Hardware is $400. and im dumping in 3 free custom tunes.

aburd
04-22-09, 09:43 PM
sorry for repetitiveness. how difficult is it to program. i dont have to uninstall anything like bumpers?

lame question i know.

ab

1-2-N-V
04-23-09, 08:48 AM
Wait for me, These tunes work for the Manual also?

wait4me
04-23-09, 09:05 AM
Yes they work for manuals also.

And Ab, you dont have to uninstall any parts on your car. This is just a plug in under your dash part.

Kadonny
04-23-09, 10:04 AM
Jesse, I want one. Should I just call you?

Any crank relearn needed on the tunes, don't think I have seen whether you need to do one or not.

The Tony Show
04-23-09, 10:29 AM
Sorry for answering for Jesse, but it's my understanding that the handheld doesn't require a crank relearn since you're not removing your PCM. The crank position is saved in there, so it's just "plug -> pick tune -> drive".

musclesbmf
04-23-09, 01:07 PM
That is correct. I have one and it's very simple. Takes about 15 mins to do.

Sorry for answering for Jesse, but it's my understanding that the handheld doesn't require a crank relearn since you're not removing your PCM. The crank position is saved in there, so it's just "plug -> pick tune -> drive".

Razorecko
04-23-09, 01:13 PM
That is correct. I have one and it's very simple. Takes about 15 mins to do.

Does the stock tune back itself up on the handheld untill you want to put it back in for dealership service etc ? If so can you pull the original vehicle file and put it on a disk or a pc as a secondary backup ?

wait4me
04-23-09, 01:22 PM
Yes It stores the exact file from your ecm and tcm to restore at any time. And Yes you can store it on a secondary backup on your pc if you like. Even though i can get the same thing from your vin at any time.

Yes it is better to just call if you would like to order one. Hannah or myself should be here all day. Thanks Jes

aburd
04-23-09, 02:53 PM
$320 shipped?

ab

Kadonny
04-23-09, 04:48 PM
Jesse,

Just called, no one answered and your mailbox is full. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.

wait4me
04-23-09, 07:55 PM
Sorry phones have been crazy today. Ill be here for 2 more hours tonight. it is 8Pm now.. :(\

Vlakaz
04-24-09, 12:43 AM
I have an automatic and the shift improvement is amazing. Best bang for the buck mod out there right now. Move the gear shift to the right (sport mode) and let the car do the shifting. I spoke to W4M and he has programmed each shift so that the next gear you are at peak torque. Big thumbs up for his tune!!!

Mark

Mark, is your car 100% stock except for this tune? I am just curious if a 100% stock Auto will show noticable results with just this tune?

Does this tune add HP buy changing timing, redline etc...? I read some threads indicated 30HP but I wasn't 100% clear if that was on cars that had no other mods like a modified airbox, new filter etc...

Lastly, if you are never planning to take the car to the track, will this tune actually improve an already incredible stop light to stoplight performance?

Wondering if anyone has actually timed their cars in a 0-60 sprint to see if they can get sub 4 second times?

BTW picking up my V this weekend... went to get it last weekend and noticed the second panel on the sunroof was about a quarter inch above the roofline on the driver side, so I didn't pick it up.

Razorecko
04-24-09, 01:50 AM
Mark, is your car 100% stock except for this tune? I am just curious if a 100% stock Auto will show noticable results with just this tune?

Does this tune add HP buy changing timing, redline etc...? I read some threads indicated 30HP but I wasn't 100% clear if that was on cars that had no other mods like a modified airbox, new filter etc...

Lastly, if you are never planning to take the car to the track, will this tune actually improve an already incredible stop light to stoplight performance?

Wondering if anyone has actually timed their cars in a 0-60 sprint to see if they can get sub 4 second times?

BTW picking up my V this weekend... went to get it last weekend and noticed the second panel on the sunroof was about a quarter inch above the roofline on the driver side, so I didn't pick it up.

Yea i saw the same issue with the rear sunroof panel on mine too. I picked it up anyway. They just had to adjust the panel through some screws.

musclesbmf
04-24-09, 09:11 AM
Yes, the only performance mods on the car is the tune, airbox mod, aluminum intake elbow (from W4M) and K&N filter. The intake elbow and filter won't really be a factor until I up the boost. I never track my car but love the SOTP difference during street driving. It's also pretty cool saying I drive a 600HP Cadillac... LOL :-)

CadV
04-24-09, 10:52 AM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/165399-wait4me-handheld-ecm-tcm-install-pics.html

Vlakaz
04-24-09, 11:41 AM
Yea i saw the same issue with the rear sunroof panel on mine too. I picked it up anyway. They just had to adjust the panel through some screws.

Not to get off topic on this thread but just some info I was told... could be BS but I was told that alot of V's have that issue with the second panel because the machine that places the second panel on the car from above rests on the small metal roof portion beside it (driver side rear), this cause the roof to actually bend. Dealer told me there is a bracket Caddillac has released that fixes this.

Regardless if its BS, the second car I saw after refusing to pick the original up had the same issue but very very slight, I went to see it two days ago and they had it all fixed and lined up perfectly. Car should be ready for pickup tomorrow after tint is done. I don't want a 90K (CDN) car that has a leaky sunroof. :)

Goodtimes.

Vlakaz
04-24-09, 11:49 AM
Yes, the only performance mods on the car is the tune, airbox mod, aluminum intake elbow (from W4M) and K&N filter. The intake elbow and filter won't really be a factor until I up the boost. I never track my car but love the SOTP difference during street driving. It's also pretty cool saying I drive a 600HP Cadillac... LOL :-)

Thx for the response. I wonder if there is anyone has an Auto running WFM handheld tune only? no other mods. I wonder if there is any noticable performance advantage to buy the handheld if you don't want to make any other mods to the car? Mainly looking for drivability improvments in day to day driving, highway, stop light to stop light.

I still find it amusing that everyone isn't more then happy with 556hp. The thought of a 550hp Caddy would have seemed insane just a few years ago. Hec, when my SHO came out with 220hp that was nuts for a 4 door back then lol.

Once you get yours to 600hp, you should get some badging put on the side of the car that reads 600HP. That will get everyone that sees it talking.