: Help Me Please With Interior Light Replacment!!!

jjsocrazy
04-20-09, 09:32 PM
I am currently in my car and I am in desperate need of help. Does anyone have a "How to Do" on removing the bulbs from the interior and replacing them with LED's. I removed the part that has the garage door opener but one there it is hard for me to get to the bulb.

If anyone can help please let me know ASAP or PM me!

Thanks!

Joe

jr black 214
12-29-09, 04:13 PM
I'm stuck too!!! Can't get the thing open to replace the lights, feels like i'm about to break something.

LAC_STS
12-29-09, 04:44 PM
Its not hard at all.

Pretty much the entire STS interior panels all have the same kind of "pop" clips. You just pull on it and the panel will pop off. Once you pop the part that has the e door opener on it off, you will see where the bulb goes into the light fixture. You just pull the bulb out. Ill post pics later but its really easy.

You take the entire thing down. In the front its the whole part that has the garage door opener on it. On the back its the entire piece that has the rear parking assist on it.

You just grab it with your fingers and pull it down. If you cant get your fingers in there then use a clean small screwdriver to get it started.

Once its down the bulbs and they're socket come out easily.

jr black 214
12-29-09, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the help, got my LED's done in about 20 mins. My led bulbs are a cluster of 9 diodes, so i couldn't just slide the bulb out, I had to remove the whole light cover.
Finished product definitely looks good @ night.

Jesjammin
02-19-12, 01:38 PM
Its not hard at all.

Pretty much the entire STS interior panels all have the same kind of "pop" clips. You just pull on it and the panel will pop off. Once you pop the part that has the e door opener on it off, you will see where the bulb goes into the light fixture. You just pull the bulb out. Ill post pics later but its really easy.

You take the entire thing down. In the front its the whole part that has the garage door opener on it. On the back its the entire piece that has the rear parking assist on it.

You just grab it with your fingers and pull it down. If you cant get your fingers in there then use a clean small screwdriver to get it started.

Once its down the bulbs and they're socket come out easily.

I realize this is an older post. I'm hoping it's still active. I just picked up a 2006 STS. Half of my interior lights are out. I popped off the lens of the Passenger side map light to replace the bulb. When I reached up to pull out the LED It flashed on. It turns out the previous owner did the LED upgrade but pushed too hard installing them. The bulb socket is loose behind the fixture. If I try to put the LED back in, the socket has no backing to hold it in place, it just moves further away. I'd like to remove the whole bezel like you explained, but I see no way to grip it to pull it down. I'd hate to break it further. Can you elaborate on that some more? I'd hate to pry in the wrong area and break any clips. Are they front to back, side to side, or both? It's in there really secure.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

chazglenn3
02-19-12, 04:05 PM
Just start at a corner and pull...then go to the opposite corner and pull. It will come off.