: Who is the genius at Cadillac who makes up the option packages?

waffleman
04-20-09, 03:42 PM
Regarding options for manual transmissions for the 09 CTS...why can't one get a V6 DI, manual transmissions, with all season tires (why do they force you to get summer tires...what if you live up north??) - who is the genius in Cadillac who makes up the option packages anyways??? :confused:

The 2009 Cadillac CTS RWD with manual transmission and 3.6L Variable Valve Timing V6 DI Direct Injection engine requires the Summer Tire Performance Package. The base model without the Direct Injection engine can be ordered with the manual transmission and does not require the Summer Tires."

concorso
04-21-09, 04:46 PM
Living up north, like I do, why would you want all season tires on a CTS with the performance options? All season tires require you to make sacrifices in the summer and in the winter. I would never skimp on tires. Use the dedicated summer tires in the summer and switch to dedicated winter tires in the winter. This would give you better performance in the summer, and much more traction in the winter. Sure you can get by on A/S's in the winter...but youre buying a near fully optioned CTS. Why would you cheap out on the tires?

waffleman
08-04-09, 06:51 PM
I still don't understand... if I can buy a RWD automatic DI with all season tires, why don't they offer a RWD DI MT with all season tires? Is there a performance/traction difference with MT vs automatic that necessitates the change in tires?

Does everyone who purchases a CTS DI with automatic transmission with all season tire switch to winter tires in the winter?

V-Eight
08-12-09, 01:46 PM
I still don't understand... if I can buy a RWD automatic DI with all season tires, why don't they offer a RWD DI MT with all season tires? Is there a performance/traction difference with MT vs automatic that necessitates the change in tires?

Does everyone who purchases a CTS DI with automatic transmission with all season tire switch to winter tires in the winter?

Because people who buy the manual are going for better performance - summer tires give them that.

bbshriver
09-16-09, 12:47 PM
That's making an assumption that people only get the MT for performance.. What about fuel mileage? reliability? Just plain prefer MT??
Personally I would NEVER prefer an auto over an MT.. Even converted my 96 Jeep Cherokee from automatic to manual. If I could find a way I'd probably convert my 05 STS to manual as well.

Most car-manufacturers have non-sensical options lists I don't really get most of it. I'm sure it has to do with cost, but why should the transmission affect tires?