Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Took the V to the dragstrip for the 1st time

2K views 29 replies 19 participants last post by  liqidvenom 
#1 ·
So I have owned the V for almost 2 months and nothing but smiles so far..

This has been the best and most fun Daily Driver I have ever owned.
So I decided on friday to go to SUMMIT Motorsports PARK(NORWALK) which is our local track and about 40 mins away from home.
First pass missed 3rd gear and ran a 13.5 @106 with a 2.1 60ft.

Let me just tell you there is 2 things I have found on this car that need improvement..SHIFTER and E BRAKE...
2nd time down the track hit 3rd good...
13.4 @ 106 with a 2.0 60ft.
Both passes where made on STREET TIRES..And the car is stock other than a K&N COLD AIR INTAKE
Being that I'm still a noobie in the V community is this good??/

#3 ·
hey gus took mine a while back with just corsa on a shitty nite... 1st time ever down the track i went 13.7 at 107. i know 13.7 isn't good at all but that was with zero launch and bald pirellis. car was getting loose the whole time. i need to go again to see what i can do with a small launch.

#4 ·
i went to the track this weekend and guess what and hour drive for nothing cause apparently you gotta be 18 to go down the track next time ill get my dad to come with me lol but there was a silver v at the track with a 200 shot trapping 120 but i didnt see the time i missed it :(

#6 ·
I pulled 13.4 or so at 107 when I went with nothing more than exhaust and a CAI. Soft, feathered launch. Had traction issues as well though.

#7 ·
I think those are good nubmers... With all my MODS I ran a 13sec 118mph last summer, of course I was taking care of my rear end during my pass and takin it easy... having said that.. take a look at my MODS and I'd say you laid down a decent 1/4 mile time..

#8 ·
Pre Maggie with CAI and Corsas I ran a 13.8 @ 101 at a notoriously slow track at decent altitude in the foothills of Appalachia.

At a lower 1/8th mile track I ran 8.8 @ 84 with a 2.1 60".

Both runs were on all season tires, launching from an idle and granny shifting.

I still want to take it out for a run this season. With my torque curve and power band witht he Maggie I think 12.5 on a good track is easily obtainable. I remember one guy in a V with nothing more than exhaust and tune cut a 12.8 on here.

#10 ·
Very nice run considering you're pretty much stock. My best b/f selling my beloved V was 12.4@117 with a best trap of 119mph. I had a 2.6 pullied Maggie and the usual intake/header/exhaust/Stealth tune mods. Toyo T1-R.

#13 ·
Ok now I have been drag racing for quite some time I;m not a pro by any means but I have never heard of a ROLL...Can you please let me know on this one...And also did you have drag radials??? Because other wise it sounds like your 12.9 might be a factory freak...

#14 ·
I pulled a 13.7 @ 107 in my '96 Z28. SS hood, flowmaster, !CAGS and Hypertech programmer was my only mods. That was out of a stock 285 hp engine at Bristol, TN.

With the weight difference I would be crying my eyes out if I ran slower than 13.3 in a stock V. I know my SOTP dyno has this car running faster than the old ******* mobile but now I am beginning to wonder.

#15 ·
yea i cant wait to go back. i want to maybe go this weekend to see what i can do with the nittos and a light launch! 13.3/13.2 @ 108 here i come! if not forget the straight line crap and i will go to NJMP!!!!!!!!!

#16 ·
Good job gus

For comparison

2.25 60' 13.51 @ 106 bone stock besides muffler delete. 700 ft above sea level 60 degree day.
With good traction these cars can see 13.1 but thats in perfect conditions (around sea level and low temps.)

These cars are not made for the track. The suspension soaks up the power. If this powertrain combination were in something like a camaro, they would be high 12 second cars no doubt. However, they are not.

#20 ·
If you powershift 3rd and 4th it’s good for about 3 tenths. (Don’t miss though) I’m going to Fontana on May 25th. I’m hoping to run low 13’s.

#23 ·
I'm going to take mine for the first time to GLD in the upcoming weeks. I'm hoping that I at least pull numbers close to the stock factory rating. I'm used to 6k launches and 1.5 60' but thats coming from an awd vehicle. Figuring out the proper launch rpm and throttle points sound be fun.

#25 ·
I doubt MT was worried about dumping the rear when they launched from 5grand. I launch from an idle and run at a higher altitude than most on this thread.

Best "stock" time I have seen is 12.8 but that car did have a tune, CAI, and maybe exhaust. Thats an absolute factory freak when compared to everyone elses times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.