: PN Needed for Auto Dimming Relay

craigtone@centurytel
04-19-09, 04:11 PM
Does anyone have the PN for the STS Auto Dimming Relay? It is located under the fuse center on the '05. It is the Solid State relay that takes the PWM output from the Intellibeam and dims the Hi-Beams.

TIA!

suumz
04-20-09, 11:48 AM
Mine was just replaced a couple months ago and the part number on my receipt is #88986858. Must be a new superceded number because the manual shows the OEM number to be #7223-6055-30. Probably better verify with the dealer parts dept though. What kind of problem are you having?

craigtone@centurytel
04-20-09, 06:32 PM
Thanx!

88986858 comes up as good at GMPartsDirect.com but OUCH! $63 ...

I am retrofitting IntelliBeam into my CTS and want the cool fade in/out feature. :yup:

Angus Young
04-21-09, 07:10 PM
Is this the same relay that turns off the headlights when daylight breaks?
My headlights stay on all the time and very rarely turn off and go to the driving lights

craigtone@centurytel
04-21-09, 08:27 PM
Is this the same relay that turns off the headlights when daylight breaks?
My headlights stay on all the time and very rarely turn off and go to the driving lights

No, that is just the Twilight Sentinel turning on the Low Beams. This relay is ONLY in cars equipped with IntelliBeam. If you pull the cover off your underhood fusebox, there is either a relay or a spot to slide one in just to the front and right of the fuse center.

Angus Young
04-21-09, 11:35 PM
any ideas why my headlights wont turn off and go to the driving lights?
It is set to auto and in the brightest daylight my headlights are always on

AllWheelEric
04-22-09, 06:10 PM
Angus,

I don't mean to state the obvious, but have you checked to make sure the wipers are off?

Eric

craigtone@centurytel
04-22-09, 06:31 PM
Might be a bad light sensor?

Angus Young
04-22-09, 10:42 PM
The wipers come on automatically when it rains, I usually never change it, mabye thats the problem, I'll check the manual on it, I figured if the wipers are on auto the headlights would follow suit

AllWheelEric
04-22-09, 11:43 PM
The wipers come on automatically when it rains, I usually never change it, mabye thats the problem, I'll check the manual on it, I figured if the wipers are on auto the headlights would follow suit

If that's how you want to use the wipers, the lights will stay on.