: Ipod Adapters?

Ghost Deany
04-18-09, 11:54 PM
anyone have any experience with this? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-2006-CADILLAC-ESCALADE-iPOD-INPUT-AUX-w-TEXT-LV5_W0QQitemZ390036421724QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Au dio_Video?hash=item390036421724&_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116 thinking about grabbing one of those and running the ipod cable into the glovebox

Ghost Deany
04-20-09, 12:24 PM
if this things not worth getting, i may just end up sticking my pioneer avic d3 in there instead. im debating weather to keep the stock navigation and get that ipod adapter, and get new stock navigation buttons cause mine are peeling off the buttons, or just going with the pioneer.

Povich
04-20-09, 12:31 PM
IMHO id stick the d3 in there and be done with it! Have z1 in my truck and would never go back to stock!Just my opinion but you have a d3 Id had that in there a while ago!:thumbsup:

Ghost Deany
04-20-09, 12:38 PM
what did you need for the install? i know you have to use a gmos harness. did you lose any steering wheel funtions? can you still use your DIC controls?

DJ_VILLADON
04-20-09, 05:56 PM
Hey I just put in a PA11-GM for my iPhone and or iPod (which ever I want to use) and the sound is incredible. Onstar,Nav, XM, CD Changer & now iPhone hookup all to the factor Bose system. I put the PA11-GM in the glove box and have the iPhone connector coming out of that little storage compartment in the center console. So I can just stick the connector back in and close the compartment when I'm not using it.
Nice clean install. I can send pics if you want.

Hope this helps.

Povich
04-21-09, 01:34 AM
Few things used in my truck with the z1 and not sure of all of them as it was installed when I bought it but had it apart a time just to see what all was installed! Crutchfield is pretty easy to put your vehicle in and find everything youll need for install! Then shop around to see if you can find it cheaper elswere !I know I have the PAC SWI X steering wheel control adapter, ipod interface for pioneer head units, Gm harness kit, gm databus class II adapter and I also have the bluetooth adapter for pioneer Head units attached! Hope this helps!