Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Some QA1 front shock mount pics for tbjs

4K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  thebigjimsho 
#1 ·
You may be banned but you are not forgotten tbjs. I remember when you were looking into some mounts for your front shocks. The ones you posted may not work with these shocks. Here are some good pics of the mount that came with mine. Thought you may want to see them. They are a little rough looking so disregard the paint. I'll give em a good coat of black before they are installed.

I dont have the calipers on me at the moment but I'll get a few measurements for you before they get installed. If you used just the bar like you posted up, they may be to far down. Which may or may not be a bad thing. Just thought I'd share.

See less See more
#3 ·
A few days now! I dont know what led to his demise.

#6 ·
Wow...that's crazy that he's banned...Well I guess he just needed an attitude adjustment, haha...I hope you are seeing this tbjs.

#5 ·
No these are the mounts you need with the QA1's. The stock shock has a bar through the bushing of the shock and gets bolted to the two holes in the a arm. This QA1 mount bolts to those two holes and then the shock gets bolted to it. Make sense?

#7 ·
bump for the tbjs

#8 ·
bump again. Just want to make sure he sees it before he spends the money on something else.

#10 ·
I know but I haven't seen him on here at all. Maybe he thinks he still ban? Anyway, just didn't want it to get pushed back so far he doesn't see it before he wastes his money on something he cant use.

#12 ·
I'm not arguing at all. I'm sure he deserved his as I did mine, I'm just trying to help him out because I know he bought some used QA1's and they didn't come with mounts.

#14 ·
does that mount come with the shocks or do i need to buy that extra? lol sorry so many ?s but i'm getting ready to get these with a GC or the KW's idk yet.

#15 ·
That mount should come with a new set. Or a used set for that matter. This part has nothing to do with the stock suspension.

#18 ·
Okay I took a few measurements. If anybody needs clarification let me know.

From the very bottom of the mount to the bolt hole that holds the shock to the mount = 1.6"

Between the forks were the shock actually bolts to the mounts = 1.012 (could be 1" but thats just a little loose)

Over all width = 1.250

Over all length = 4.185"

Over all height = 2.120"

Hole for bolt that hold shock to mount = .5" ID

Hole that holds mount to arm = .425" ID

Material thickness = .370"

#19 ·
so is bigjim just being stubborn? seeing how his ban had been lifted and he hasn't been around?

#21 ·
It's kind of like when you yell at a kid for doing something, send him to his room, then after a while you say, "Go ahead, its ok you can go back to playing."

Then they say, "No, I don't WANT to do that anymore."

As hard as you try to convince him its OK to come out of his room and start playing again, he won't just to spite you.

Then the more you talk about how he won't come out of his room, the longer he'll stay in there.

#20 ·
I think so. I saw him over a ls1tech the other day.

#24 ·
Not confirmed but 90% sure.

#26 ·
I hear ya. Kind of like my BSI rotors. You got yours, I didn't. I think you got the only set EVER!

#31 ·
21,767 and counting geez you are only three off

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.