: cimarron owner

1fastz28
07-11-04, 01:27 AM
i think its the greatest car ever!:worship::worship:, seriously though, for a 100 bucks, you can't beat it.

BeelzeBob
07-12-04, 11:56 AM
Welcome aboard. Thank you for signing up! Let's see some pictures, okay?

1fastz28
07-12-04, 11:17 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-4/151256/uglydamncar.JPG

CADDYBLACK99
07-14-04, 06:02 PM
Welcome 1fastz28!
Very unique cadillac. Please tell us more!
:welcome:
Paul

Raze
07-16-04, 03:33 PM
That's a rare bird, not many of them on the road. Must be about as rare as the Allantes or XLRs cause if memory serves me right Caddy had an impossible time trying to sell small v6 powered cars that was a complete 180 switch from their ordinary v8 powered boats.

caddyshack24
07-16-04, 04:43 PM
$100 bucks for that !? i'd snatch it up in a second. good deal you got. Funny, when something like a window breaks.. you can be complain "thats more than i paid for the whole vechile" anyways, Welcome to the forums !

Fritzi
07-16-04, 05:17 PM
welcome

1fastz28
07-28-04, 02:34 PM
thanks everyone, whats really neat that this is a rare car, but it is even more rare cause is a d'oro edition, and it was like a 1000 dollar option. so far the worst part about the car is that the tires are a bizarre size and you have to get them off the internet, nobody locally sells them here (st.louis)

majax
07-28-04, 05:53 PM
If you have to get the special I would get two sets of the highest milage tires you can find, cause you never know when they may stop making them.

:welcome: so welcome

Stoneage_Caddy
07-31-04, 03:16 PM
thats the deal of the century right there , very good shape for 100 bucks , everything work like A/C and such ?

elwesso
07-31-04, 11:05 PM
Welcome aboard!!!

Wow only $100.. I thought the guy in Indy who got the $500 SDV had the deal of the century. this could top it...

Hows the interior?

1fastz28
08-01-04, 02:36 AM
a/c needs a recharge, interior is near perfect. its a good beater.

ben72227
09-19-04, 06:45 PM
what year is it?

I've always had a thing for the Cimarrons, especially the '88, which IMHO looks like it could be a late 80's BMW, it just looks great. The other ones however, just looked like Cavaliers with the Cadillac Crest on them. Oh well, its still a great car though.

Ralph
09-19-04, 06:56 PM
Wow! That was a good deal. Must have been from someone you know, right? ;) I wonder if they have held any kind of value due to their rarity? Or appreciated?

ben72227
09-19-04, 10:45 PM
I wonder if they have held any kind of value due to their rarity? Or appreciated?

not really i don't think. they go for about $1500 if they work. Most people don't like them because of the fact that they were 'Chevy Cavaliers with Cadillac Crests" but i think the later models were great, because they were so different from the rest of cadillac's lineup (V6, SMALL :p , cheap) and now they've been brought back (Cimarron Touring Sedan) :p so its all good.

Ralph
09-19-04, 11:06 PM
not really i don't think. they go for about $1500 if they work. Most people don't like them because of the fact that they were 'Chevy Cavaliers with Cadillac Crests" but i think the later models were great, because they were so different from the rest of cadillac's lineup (V6, SMALL :p , cheap) and now they've been brought back (Cimarron Touring Sedan) :p so its all good.

I know, the car buying public certainly weren't fooled back then were they? I keep looking at the increased collector values on Gremlins, Pacers, cars from the 1970's that no one wanted for the last 24 years or more and their values are up now! I can't help but wonder if our minty Phoenix coupe might start appreciating because technically I think to qualify for a "classic" you need a car that is 25 years old. Who knows, maybe in a few years these Cimmes will start gaining value, especially if no one cared for them and are scarce? I've NEVER seen one in person!

Stoneage_Caddy
09-20-04, 11:50 AM
Phoenix Coupe ? We had phoenixs on this side of the border but they were around in the early 80s as a sister to the chevy citation ...you have one of those things ? im suprised there is any still around

Ralph
09-20-04, 05:10 PM
Phoenix Coupe ? We had phoenixs on this side of the border but they were around in the early 80s as a sister to the chevy citation ...you have one of those things ? im suprised there is any still around

That's just it, there are so few around! All I see is an occasional ugly hatchback, but the V6 coupe never had any major problems like engine or tranny. Fun car, lots of torque for the weight (150 ft. lbs) My Mom bought it new in March, but I think the earlier production dates like Oct. '79 had a lot of recalls, problems, etc. I think in the pic section under my name there is a pic of it besides my Caddy, but it's a crappy pic and I haven't looked at it in over a year.

I have yet to see a Cimmer and I probably never will in person.