: Pacific Accessory Corporation iPod

R1chard
04-17-09, 02:01 AM
Does anyone here have a Pacific Accessory Corporation uPAC-STS (iPod Control) installed on their STS (with nav)?

I'm looking for info regarding:
1) how well the iPod integration works
2) how the cables were wired/routed
3) pictures / movies (if possible?)

/e-beer
Thanks! ;)

R1chard
04-17-09, 08:14 PM
No one? :-(

EChas3
04-17-09, 10:57 PM
Works as advertised!

EChas3
04-18-09, 06:29 PM
Does anyone here have a Pacific Accessory Corporation uPAC-STS (iPod Control) installed on their STS (with nav)?

I'm looking for info regarding:
1) how well the iPod integration works
2) how the cables were wired/routed
3) pictures / movies (if possible?)

/e-beer
Thanks! ;)

Since no one else is chiming in:

The Integration is pretty cool. Just switch to XM and adjust the tuning knob within 5 seconds and you scroll through all the options. I installed HD Radio & I-pod options. The uPAC-STS & Navi remember your settings and charge the I-Pod. I have an I-Touch given me by a friend and really don't have much on it, yet. There are 'soft-keys' on the Navi Touch Screen for common I-Pod search functions. Download the Doc from PAC but that's all the help you get!

Cables were a bit tricky for me since I was also installing a Lockpick. There's not much room behind the Navi, so I routed the Lockpick & most of it's cables behind and to the left. Similarly, I ran the uPAC-STS cables behind and to the right. The unit is small and there's lots of room once you get out from behind the Navi. I used string to pull the wiring out of the way while re-installing the Navi. Lockpick's site has a good installation video that is 70% applicable. A 1/2" hole in the glovebox was plenty to bring out the I-Pod cable and my HD antenna. Because the RF losses are too great to split an antenna wire for the HD Radio, I used an old window-mount cell phone antenna and just stuck that & the I-Pod in the glove box (that and the manual fills it!) It would be easy to have the I-Pod connection come out the ashtray (but I'm a smoker) or many other places. There's plenty of wire.

I don't have any video on my I-Pod and I'm pretty sure my uPAC is audio only. It wouldn't be hard to route the I-Pod connection to the center console but how would you also connect a second audio/video out cable to the I-Pod?

jr black 214
04-19-09, 12:23 PM
where'd you buy it?

EChas3
04-26-09, 01:24 AM
Installationproducts.com

R1chard
04-26-09, 01:47 AM
Installationproducts.com

Doh, I never noticed you guys had answered this thread earlier :thepan:

I actually saw it at BeachAudio (Link (http://www.beachaudio.com/Pac/Upac-Sts-p-196774.html?utm_content=reg&utm_campaign=upac-sts&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=froogle).

Thanks for the thorough answers EChas3.
When I referred to "3) pictures / movies (if possible?)" I was meaning if anyone has demo videos of the iPOD function in use. :)

CStradling24
05-20-09, 08:06 PM
It says 07-08. Will this work with an 05 1SF?

EChas3
05-20-09, 09:40 PM
I have not heard of any differences between 2005 & my 2006. Works fine for me!