: Front Turn Signal LED Bulb Question!

jjsocrazy
04-16-09, 10:52 PM
I was speaking to another guy on cardomain and he changed his front turn signal to LED and what he did was purchase a 3157 bulb and modify the base, since there are no 3757 LED's.

Can anyone confirm this or help me out and tell me what to do to modify the base please!

Also I ordered LED's for the interior lights, do I just pry out the plastic piece for the interior lights or remove the base out including the garage buttons?

Thanks!

Joe

cocaines
04-17-09, 01:12 AM
you do not need to modify the light... 3157 led will work fine, completely plug and play... i changed my Turn signals 4 times and never modified a thing. i have blue, UV purple, Two tone amber/Hid white, and HID White 3157 leds and they were all just plug and play... but you will have hyper flashing when the turn signal is applied every once in a while since led require less power, the car will think the light isnt on and flash faster, so either u live with that, or get a blinker led fix from v-led.com... i choose to live with it, i actually like it.

in regards to the interior lights you got to pry down the garage door opener trim pieces and then just pull out the bulbs and switch them...

K STS
08-02-09, 07:20 PM
^^^ This is what I was worried about. Where is the blinker LED fix on v-led.com ? Can you really plug in a 3157 into a 3757 slot?

08SRX
09-29-11, 10:37 AM
No you can't put a 3157 into a 3757 socket. The 3757 has off-set side tabs. There are reports of people sanding down the tabs, but it is a bad idea. The result is likely a looser fit and short bulb life.