: Cleaning inside rear window

pjbizjak
04-16-09, 11:31 AM
OK, besides buying one of those extension window cleaning devices,. does anyone have a solution to cleaning the inside rear window? If you have tried to clean the window you probasbly found it nearly impossible to reach the very lower portion of the window. With the head rests right in the way it's pretty difficult.

ifmracin
04-16-09, 12:11 PM
Remove the headrest while cleaning?

lreddiablo
04-16-09, 05:29 PM
become a contortionist and do some fancy moves with your arm!

KARL DAHLEN
04-16-09, 06:54 PM
I bought one of those sanding blocks at Lowes that fits on the end of a screw in roller handle to sand some joint compound on a ceiling. I have a short handle as well, about 3 feet long. I took a micro fiber cloth and wrapped it where the sandpaper goes. Spray a little window cleaner on the cloth and away you go. Works great on inside of windshield also. Should cost you six or seven bucks altogether.

hazcaddy
04-16-09, 07:41 PM
I have a pad-on-a-swivel-head-stick that is specifically designed to solve this dilemma. It looks like the base of an ironing iron, i.e. it has a pointy head (kinda like its owner).

Available at many hardware-specialty and auto-specialty stores. Sorry I can't give a name, I threw away the packaging and pamphlet junk that it came with. But it works a treat - has several different "material" types of cover you can slip over the rubberized base to clean the hard-to-reach bits of car wnindshields, rear windows, etc.

Aurora5000
04-17-09, 09:51 AM
Use a microfiber cloth rubber band on a ruler.

TSS
04-17-09, 10:22 AM
I have the same thing as post number 4 above. But they are carrying it now at WALMART. It used to be on infomercials. It is a great tool. Before, I could never get in the corners close enough on rear glass. I think I paid 10 bucks for it. I think the word "wizard" is in its name...like glass wizard or windshield wizard or something like that.

EDIT: I was right. It is called "Glass Wizard". Google that and you will find it. The official website wants 10 bucks plus shipping. As stated, I think you can find it in stores now and save the 6 bucks shipping.

Force-1
04-18-09, 11:38 AM
Got mine at Bed, Bath, & Beyond for about $9.

http://www.as-seen-on-tv-products-store.org/glass-wizard/glass-wizard.jpg

pjbizjak
04-19-09, 05:05 PM
Thanks all for your replies, I went the "Glass Wizard" route and it works fine. I tried to remove the rear seat headrests but couldn't, any help here?

mapmaker
04-19-09, 09:20 PM
Push the little button at the base of the head rest. Hold the button in and lift up. This is illustrated in your owners manual.