: deville 2000 HG ???

C.J.
04-16-09, 09:00 AM
I have a 2000 deville HG gone. Right now it won't start because of Hydro compression or something like it. Can I remove the spark plug assuming its only one cylinder that gets filled with antifreeze and drive it to a garage which is about 10 km from my house. this is just to get the engine mount replace.

Hopefully I can find a way to get it to 97eldocoupe in May to get the hg replaced. Now that 's a 300 km drive.

Thanks for the info.

97EldoCoupe
04-16-09, 09:08 AM
If the engine is hydrolocked don't attempt to drive it anywhere or start it- I have a block that can show what happens if the cylinder hydrolocks. Broken connecting rod, scored cylinder liner with a chunk missing, and the crank scraper plate chewed up. Even with the spark plug out, don't risk it. 2000+ shortblocks are difficult to find.

C.J.
04-16-09, 10:06 AM
If the engine is hydrolocked don't attempt to drive it anywhere or start it- I have a block that can show what happens if the cylinder hydrolocks. Broken connecting rod, scored cylinder liner with a chunk missing, and the crank scraper plate chewed up. Even with the spark plug out, don't risk it. 2000+ shortblocks are difficult to find.

Hi 97eldo we talked on the phone 2 days ago ( military guy in kingston ) we talked about my headgasket and engine mount. Do I need special tools to remove the engine or to drop the cradle? It would seem I will have to do the Job myself. since I can't move it then I won't have much of a choice.

Junior