: FAV Pre-Set design is ODD

USAFRET
04-15-09, 12:51 PM
I just bought a 2009 SRX w/Nav for the wife. When I was setting up the audio system I noticed you can select how many FAV pages that are displayed, it was defaulted to 6.

So I selected the FM band and started pre-setting FM stations. I like to set this LOW to HIGH. I set 9 FM stations.

I then selected XM and started save XM stations. When I was finished I noticed that if you select the FM band the system displays ALL PRE-SAVED stations for ALL bands, I have a total of 4 pages saved. I don't want to see XM pre-sets when I'm on the FM band and vice versa.

Is there a way to save/display just FM stations (or XM stations) w/o having to scroll through all four pages??

Seems like an ODD design to me. Am I doing something wrong? I've even read the Nav Users Manual.

Any help is appreciated

bond2
04-15-09, 02:25 PM
My 2007 is the same as yours. I don't think the FAVs are tied to the Audio type you've selected(FM, XM) so you just have to scroll thru the pages. But if somebody knows something we don't, I'd like to know the trick.

ryaus1
04-15-09, 03:28 PM
it may be odd for you, but i actaully like it. I programmed my favorites to be exatly just that - favorite channels, regardless if on FM or XM. makes it easy to scroll through all favories using the steering wheel next/prev without changing bands.

I wish all these features where more customizable, e.g. by introducing advanced settings where you can program what exactly favories and other function should do and should not do. This way everyone can program these features to their exact needs...

USAFRET
04-15-09, 04:16 PM
it may be odd for you, but i actaully like it. I programmed my favorites to be exatly just that - favorite channels, regardless if on FM or XM. makes it easy to scroll through all favories using the steering wheel next/prev without changing bands.

I wish all these features where more customizable, e.g. by introducing advanced settings where you can program what exactly favories and other function should do and should not do. This way everyone can program these features to their exact needs...

The basis for my comment and feelings is how my 06 vette Nav system works, you get 12 favorites per source with no mixing. Guess this old dog needs to learn new tricks.