Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Different trailing arms for wider rear wheels

2K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  CTS-Voodoo 
#1 ·
I just saw a video on youtube by wait4meperformance. They had an 09 on the rack and I noticed something. I dont have any idea if this will work but hey its worth a shot.

The rear trailing arms looked to be slightly offset for the wider rear tires. Has anybody measured the to see if the new V's trailing arms will bolt into our cradle? If its to long than thats any easy fix. Hack off one end and install a rod end. Too short......... may not be worth it but could be fixed with an adustable rod end if the differance isn't to great.

I know its a long shot but..........

By the way here is the link, see what you think. The best shot is around 1.08

#3 ·
Re: hmm...

I know because I made my own set as well. I thought for others this may be as simple as calling Luke and getting a set instead of waiting for somebody to start making and selling them. If they fit directly, this would be awesome as there is obviously no fab work to do and you don't have to worry about how well somebody else can weld.

#7 ·

What can I say? You inspire me Jim.

#8 ·

Thanks Luke for looking into it! Cant wait to see what you come up with.

I'm really suprised that this thread has not drawn any more attention than this. Everybody was so exited that people were making some and now I get just a few bites for a possible bolt in solution. Weird.

#10 ·

Thanks Luke for looking into it! Cant wait to see what you come up with.

I'm really suprised that this thread has not drawn any more attention than this. Everybody was so exited that people were making some and now I get just a few bites for a possible bolt in solution. Weird.
Maybe if the thread had a useful title people would have read it? A thread title of "hmm..." doesn't exactly scream "Possible bolt-in trailing arm solution!!". But that's just me.

Oh, and why is thebigjimsho banned? :confused:

#16 ·
tbjs will be so disappointed.....

#18 ·
I would suggest if someone wants to make a set NOT going the route I did lol, rather I would use the BMR arms, take them to a fab shop and have them bent to fit whatever rims you wanna run. Not too difficult and shouldnt cost more than a thousand. Of course you also need to address the fact that the inner fenders need to be mildly tubbed and the narrow point is the sway bar out back. Im trying to fit 315s soon, Ill let you know how it works.

#21 ·
Thanks for checking. How much is one Luke? I may buy it from you and try to mod it.

#24 ·
Dont get rid of it. I'll call you in a few days and buy it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.