Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Racing Seat Opinions

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  rand49er 
#1 ·
I'd love to see a set of Racing Seats in a V. I'd like to kick up some conversation on the topic a bit. I have searched and saw that a few have made some custom brackets for racing seats (and a harness bar as you'd lose the seat mounted belts).

Obviously the Recaros on the 09 would be outrageous from the dealer so I'd like to see some other options in our cars. I had some Recaro Pole Positions in my M3 and absolutely loved them. I think some Leather Recaros or GT3 seats would look killer in a V with suede centers to match the rest of the seats. Does anyone know of they would fit in a V?

You'd lose the seatbelts, seat warmers and side impact airbags by losing the stock seats but honestly I've never had a car with side impact airbags before either. What do you guys think? Some GT3 seats? or Recaro Pole Positions? Would you rather see a half roll cage (4 point) with belts mounted or just a harness bar? I imagine you could probably even get away without any bar and still mount the belts to the body still.

I'd like to hear ideas, and comments (negative and positive) on the idea!
Here's a pic of the seats side by side:

See less See more
#4 ·
I have a pair of Momo's with stock seat belt from the rear seat. They harness through the open and don't have side openings like the Recaro pictured. I fixed mounted them to the two main rails on the bottom of the stock seat. They are much more supportive than the stockers! :)

Norm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.