: Corsas came

caddiedrummer
04-14-09, 06:00 PM
Will install tomorrow--fortunately have lift so should not take long. Sorry for the poor lighting.

SSideways
04-14-09, 06:16 PM
is it 2.5" or 3" pipes?

caddiedrummer
04-14-09, 06:27 PM
Tips are 4" . Also someone awhile back asked me about lift so here is a pic. A Rotary revolution.

SSideways
04-14-09, 08:00 PM
not looking for tip size but muffler inlet and outlet size. from the pic's it looks like 2.5"

Florian
04-14-09, 10:29 PM
who do you play drums for? must be a working band with that kind of stable.

F

Krug Ford
04-15-09, 11:34 AM
I like the picture of the lift..

Titaniumseeker
04-16-09, 05:45 PM
Installed mine today and my first impressions are not very favorable. I am very disappointed in the sound, not the performance of this product.

1. No drone + But the drone did not bother me.
2. Did notice an increase in HP +
3. Car went from sounding like a vicious monster to a tame kitty. - - -!!!!!!!

I spoke to a Corsa Representative who whas very knowlegable and helpful and I do realize that is is performing as intended but Geez. Did most folks want their high performance caddy to resonate sound as if it was your Grandpa's Caddy? don't know what I am going to do right now. Kept the stock exhaust and was I was going to install that on my wife's 09 CTS. I may put the stock back on but the jury is still out. I was going to a car show this Saturday expecting to show off a more muscular and beefier exhasut but now I would be embarrased toshow up. :-(.

caddiedrummer
04-16-09, 06:49 PM
Ok, I did not intend to go here but given that others have and I promised to post follow up here it is--regretably.

First, I have huge respect for Corsa and have had at least 5 systems installed all with great results. I have probably been responsible for the sale of countless other Corsa systems on friends/club members cars.

My Viper tech installed my Corsa last night (see pics). The system , to me is a disappointment that I hope Corsa will fix. They stand by their products and I am confident they will do the right thing. The exhaust looks great, sounds good at idle, but under power my hot rod Caddy now sounds like a DTS at best. I let my Viper tech drive it and he just shook his head. I have driven it at speeds from 0-85MPH with windows up/down. I have mashed it, etc.

If you are looking to get rid of what some have perceived as drone (I perceived as muscle) and you want to improve the looks of your car buy this system. If you have a Vette, Viper or other sports car, buy a Corsa--the best quality and good people. If you want to make your V sound more aggressive, I am not sure this is the way to go.

Again, my thought was to follow the adage "if you don't have something good to say..." But, several have asked. I wish I had better news. I hope Corsa listens and makes change.

CtsVrod
04-16-09, 07:32 PM
Wow - Pretty Sad to hear - Especially considering the Price :cookoo:

Titaniumseeker
04-16-09, 07:56 PM
OK, I took the advice of the Corsa Rep (sorry, I don't remember his name) and had a buddy of mine do some runs while I stood outside the car. I noticed that the exhaust did sound pretty good during runs to me and away from me. You definitely can not judge the sound of the exhaust from within the vehicle and my hat is off to Corsa for doing a great job and keeping the cabin quiet. It also appears that the exhaust note does sound better over time as the unit settles in. Starting the car now I hear a throaty note as opposed to when the unit was first mounted. So I will have to upgrade my previous rated disappointment to satisfactory enough to keep it on. The product works as Corsa designed. More reviews later this weekend as I get to drive more miles.

Razorecko
04-17-09, 12:16 AM
Exhausts will usually sound louder after a few miles and some "expansion and contraction" cycles

Buzduz74
04-17-09, 06:00 AM
Ok, I did not intend to go here but given that others have and I promised to post follow up here it is--regretably.

First, I have huge respect for Corsa and have had at least 5 systems installed all with great results. I have probably been responsible for the sale of countless other Corsa systems on friends/club members cars.

My Viper tech installed my Corsa last night (see pics). The system , to me is a disappointment that I hope Corsa will fix. They stand by their products and I am confident they will do the right thing. The exhaust looks great, sounds good at idle, but under power my hot rod Caddy now sounds like a DTS at best. I let my Viper tech drive it and he just shook his head. I have driven it at speeds from 0-85MPH with windows up/down. I have mashed it, etc.

If you are looking to get rid of what some have perceived as drone (I perceived as muscle) and you want to improve the looks of your car buy this system. If you have a Vette, Viper or other sports car, buy a Corsa--the best quality and good people. If you want to make your V sound more aggressive, I am not sure this is the way to go.

Again, my thought was to follow the adage "if you don't have something good to say..." But, several have asked. I wish I had better news. I hope Corsa listens and makes change.
I put mine on 2 days ago at 48 miles and I very dissapointed as there is no sound, real quiet!!!!!!!!!! Bummer hope it gets better

ewill3rd
04-17-09, 07:56 AM
I installed a set yesterday as per the instructions. I'd like to see a full system that has places I can make adjustments. The customer (not sure if it is one of you guys) had issues with the fit.
I tried 3 times to adjust them but it seems that there is either a slight variation in the pipes on the car, the bumper cover, or the mufflers themselves. I was able to line them up perfectly but the right side muffler was forward about 1/4".
I tweaked it as best I could.
The sound sitting still is kind of funky, I'd like to hear one on the road.

zman1
04-17-09, 08:59 AM
I agree with the fact that i was disappointed when I first put it on. It does sound good from outside the car when you are behind it. I was hoping for a more throaty note from this. I had the corsa mufflers on my sts-v and it sounded better in my opinion.

caddiedrummer
04-17-09, 09:29 AM
I installed a set yesterday as per the instructions. I'd like to see a full system that has places I can make adjustments. The customer (not sure if it is one of you guys) had issues with the fit.
I tried 3 times to adjust them but it seems that there is either a slight variation in the pipes on the car, the bumper cover, or the mufflers themselves. I was able to line them up perfectly but the right side muffler was forward about 1/4".

Maybe they vary but the install was quick and easy--less than an hour for sure and if fit perfectly and looks great --just no sound.

Kadonny
04-17-09, 09:58 AM
Wow, this is a disappointment. I'll stick with the stockers for now and see how this shakes out. Paying $ 1300 and being disappointed sucks ass.

caddiedrummer
04-17-09, 10:04 AM
Wow, this is a disappointment. I'll stick with the stockers for now and see how this shakes out. Paying $ 1300 and being disappointed sucks ass.

I certainly understand but even though I am disappointed, I am hopeful this early in the game Corsa will make a change. I think everyone should hold tight and see where this goes. In my experience they are the best out there.

The Tony Show
04-17-09, 10:10 AM
Sounds to me like Corsas magic happens in their resonators (not the mufflers), and since this is an axle back system it sounds pretty tame.

Kadonny
04-17-09, 10:18 AM
So why isn't it a cat back again?

CIWS
04-17-09, 10:23 AM
For some owners this may be the kind of solution they are looking for, less/no drone and less aggressive sound while retaining a car with this HP and TQ. But it wouldn't be my personal choice.

As far as sound under acceleration, someone should be able to get that by sticking it on the dyno and running it up while recording from behind, if they don't have a way to record it out on the road.

The Tony Show
04-17-09, 10:25 AM
I have no idea. I'm still confused how it costs more for two mufflers than the entire Corsa catback (which came with two mufflers and resonators) for my 04 CTS-V.

eagle_lex
04-17-09, 10:38 AM
the videos i have seen with this system sound great IMO.... i was looking forward to getting this system when i buy my V are you guys saying it doesnt sound as good as the vids that we have all seen?

Kadonny
04-17-09, 10:39 AM
I have no idea. I'm still confused how it costs more for two mufflers than the entire Corsa catback (which came with two mufflers and resonators) for my 04 CTS-V.

Fully agree Tony, thus my original gripe with this system. $ 1300 for 2 mufflers? Pass. And I'll also say I LOVED my 06 CTS-V Corsa system, loved it.

jvp
04-17-09, 10:44 AM
I agree with Drummer in that Corsa is one of the best exhaust companies to work with. The work they do to add an aggressive sound while taming down resonance drone is second to none, IMHO.

However. That all said, some things to keep in mind with this V:
1. You're in a Cadillac. Lots of sound deadening both in the chassis and interior bits. First and foremost, Caddies are luxury cars.

2. HPVO and GM Powertrain spent an enormous amount of time on the exhaust and engine acoustics for the inside of the car. They were after that perfect blend of:
- Supercharger whine
- Exhaust growl
- Peaceful cruising

I think they nailed it. Changing the mufflers out will mess with the formula they came up with.

jas

Titaniumseeker
04-17-09, 11:54 AM

That was my Brilliant Silver CTS-V you were working on. Third time was a charm. After the first two efforts you could stand behind the vehicle and visually see that the pipes were not straight. Even the Service Rep noticed that before I could say anything. They look good now. And on day 2 the exhaust note does sound deeper and loader than before. I was ready to pull these off and have the stock put back on but I will keep these now.

caddiedrummer
04-17-09, 06:08 PM
I am sorry to report that after several cordial discussions with Corsa, their position is that their V system is perfectly satisfactory and they do not intend to change it or otherwise address my concerns. Having been a loyal Corsa customer for many years, this is a huge disappointment to me.

I would not be near as frustrated had I not made my concerns clear to Corsa in the pre-production stage informing them that the stock exhaust had a reasonably good sound and they would have to raise the bar to improve upon the sound . I was assured that the Corsa system would excel over stock. Sadly, in most ways it has not- except for looks and loss of drone)

I gladly paid a lot of money for what others have said is "just a couple of mufflers" based on my past experience with Corsa. I now feel like I have been sold something far different than represented and will be taking the next step. As I said before if you are concerned over drone, by all means get this system--otherwise make sure you hear it in person. If any questions, pm me.

jimbo1320
04-18-09, 12:18 AM
Now let me get this right. At Idle it has a deeper sound, yes? Crusing speeds its quieter than stock? How about when you stand on it. Is it quieter than stock. Is there a seat of the pants performance gain? My 04 had a drone at times but was perfect at idle. How does the new compare?

ewill3rd
04-18-09, 01:35 PM
Titanium, glad to hear that you were satisfied with the final attempt, I didn't understand the issue when they brought it back to me the 2nd time. ;)
I think they'll sound better for the guy standing on the sidewalk as you go by than they do from the pilot seat.
Didn't have a chance to go drive. I don't want to rack up miles on these for you guys unless there is a need for them to be driven for some specific reason.

Buzduz74
04-19-09, 12:08 AM
I am sorry to report that after several cordial discussions with Corsa, their position is that their V system is perfectly satisfactory and they do not intend to change it or otherwise address my concerns. Having been a loyal Corsa customer for many years, this is a huge disappointment to me.

I would not be near as frustrated had I not made my concerns clear to Corsa in the pre-production stage informing them that the stock exhaust had a reasonably good sound and they would have to raise the bar to improve upon the sound . I was assured that the Corsa system would excel over stock. Sadly, in most ways it has not- except for looks and loss of drone)

I gladly paid a lot of money for what others have said is "just a couple of mufflers" based on my past experience with Corsa. I now feel like I have been sold something far different than represented and will be taking the next step. As I said before if you are concerned over drone, by all means get this system--otherwise make sure you hear it in person. If any questions, pm me.

Sad but true appears not to be worth the money as I put mine on at 48 miles. However I am begining to notice a liitle better sound after 450 miles. Maybe it will get louder and sound better with some heat and carbon in the mufflers.
Buzz

Titaniumseeker
04-20-09, 11:29 AM
Titanium, glad to hear that you were satisfied with the final attempt, I didn't understand the issue when they brought it back to me the 2nd time. ;)
I think they'll sound better for the guy standing on the sidewalk as you go by than they do from the pilot seat.
Didn't have a chance to go drive. I don't want to rack up miles on these for you guys unless there is a need for them to be driven for some specific reason.

Agreed, they do sound better to those outside the vehicle as you pass by. Many say that it sounds better than the stock. Hummmm. I would have to agree with Caddiedrummer in his statement that the GM guys nailed it with the stock exhaust. IMO the stock sound was very distinctive and more powerful sounding. Now I would say that the car sounds like a stock corvette while standard driving. I am only mildly satisfied but will have to really wait until this exhaust is fully burned in before making a final comment. It does have a nice note at WOT, elimination of the drone and you can feel that the exhaust has given you some additional HP at your seat.
However, a caveat to all looking to replace their exhaust: Do not expect this exhaust to be louder than you stock while driving normally. That is not what Corsa designed these exhausts to do and you will be disappointed if you are expecting that. I too spoke to Corsa and we covered this subject as well so I can understand Caddiedrummer's frustration as I am feeling the same way. Do your homework! If you are looking for a deeper sound than stock that you can hear while you are driving ( I don't think Borla nor Flowmasters sound as good as the stock), then this is not the exhaust for you. A tad bit expensive too considering what you actually receive but Corsa delivers exactly what they advertise and the sound clips are accurate. Just my 2 cents.

Titaniumseeker
04-20-09, 11:47 AM
Now let me get this right. At Idle it has a deeper sound, yes? Crusing speeds its quieter than stock? How about when you stand on it. Is it quieter than stock. Is there a seat of the pants performance gain? My 04 had a drone at times but was perfect at idle. How does the new compare?

At Idle it has a deeper sound? Yes

Crusing speeds its quieter than stock? Yes Much quieter from the cabin position no drone either.

Is there a seat of the pants performance gain? I felt the gain but I am still breaking mine in. Now at 437 mi after this weekend.

Now having said that; I know the sound will change once the CAI is installed amd am still waiting on that to arrive. I'll get back to you with the results.

Street King
04-20-09, 01:19 PM
Are those mufflers any lighter than the stock mufflers?

Titaniumseeker
04-20-09, 02:33 PM
Are those mufflers any lighter than the stock mufflers?

Yes, Total weight combined are just under 37lbs.

haterinc
04-20-09, 06:09 PM
any idea what the stockers weighed?

neuronbob
05-04-09, 09:37 PM
Bringing this back from the dead.

From the pix provided, the stock exhaust needs to be cut to put these mufflers on. Is it a big deal to put the stockers back on if I change my mind about it? I'm just being a nervous nelly about having my brand new car cut on, I'm used to catback exhausts and have had many of those in the past.

Thanks!

wait4me
05-04-09, 11:30 PM
You should drive over to me this weekend, I can show you what a 3 inch with no mufflers sounds like. :) Im not toooooo far from cleaveland.

jvp
05-05-09, 08:35 AM
I can show you a 3 inch

Dude. Really... Take it elsewhere..

:D

jas

wait4me
05-05-09, 08:58 AM
Lol :)

caddiedrummer
05-05-09, 09:37 AM
For those like me who want a more aggressive sounding exhaust I have it on good authority that Corsa, as they sometimes do, will have another system available for the V shortly. I suspect they will have 2--the one now which some like for getting rid of drone, and a throatier one for others

Stay tuned.

Short-Throw
05-05-09, 10:38 AM
At Idle it has a deeper sound? Yes

Crusing speeds its quieter than stock? Yes Much quieter from the cabin position no drone either.

Is there a seat of the pants performance gain? I felt the gain but I am still breaking mine in. Now at 437 mi after this weekend.

Now having said that; I know the sound will change once the CAI is installed amd am still waiting on that to arrive. I'll get back to you with the results.

Gang,

You cannot add sound that is not there - you can only filter frequencies you do not want. If you want to make the V louder (and save some mass), you should replace the mufflers with a straight section of pipe leading directly to tips. It will make it louder, which of course would be debatable if it sounds better.

As far as 'feeling' the new level of performance, I honestly think it's placebo.

Mike

Buzduz74
05-05-09, 11:16 AM
I now have 1500 miles on Corsa and it sounds better but not to the sound of my 06 CTS-V. Have not heard it from outside cause I can't run that fast. Will video from outside with wife driving.
Car is great

2009 CTS-V Recaro, no sun roof 6 speed

neuronbob
05-25-09, 10:23 PM
Bringing back from the dead again.

I had the Corsa axleback system installed last week. I absolutely love it. I'm keeping the stock mufflers in case I want to go back to stock, but I don't think that will happen. Here's what I like:

a) cabin is dead quiet with no or little throttle, not quite as quiet as my Acura RL with Active Noise Cancellation, but VERY good. The mild drone of the stock mufflers is GONE. It was mild but it's better when it's nonexistent.
b) Very aggressive, deep sound at idle as others have noted.
c) Sounds glorious when you accelerate fast. With the windows down, it sounds even better. Definitely significantly louder than stock, but not so loud during regular driving that you'll attract LEO attention.

Bottom line: It allows you to keep that luxury car interior quiet until you get on it, and that's what Corsas are supposed to do. I think it's just fine for this luxury car. Louder than this I wouldn't like on my DD. Others may want louder, and that's fine too.

Razorecko
05-26-09, 08:44 PM
Bringing back from the dead again.

I had the Corsa axleback system installed last week. I absolutely love it. I'm keeping the stock mufflers in case I want to go back to stock, but I don't think that will happen. Here's what I like:

a) cabin is dead quiet with no or little throttle, not quite as quiet as my Acura RL with Active Noise Cancellation, but VERY good. The mild drone of the stock mufflers is GONE. It was mild but it's better when it's nonexistent.
b) Very aggressive, deep sound at idle as others have noted.
c) Sounds glorious when you accelerate fast. With the windows down, it sounds even better. Definitely significantly louder than stock, but not so loud during regular driving that you'll attract LEO attention.

Bottom line: It allows you to keep that luxury car interior quiet until you get on it, and that's what Corsas are supposed to do. I think it's just fine for this luxury car. Louder than this I wouldn't like on my DD. Others may want louder, and that's fine too.

Any sotp difference ? and did you have to cut the stock exhaust ?

neuronbob
05-26-09, 10:36 PM
No and yes. With as much hp as we have stock I find it inconceivable that anyone would feel an extra 15-20 hp at the wheels. If they do, it's all placebo.
I was nervous about having the stock system cut but I got over it.