: Service Tire Monitor

Unique Distributing
04-13-09, 09:32 PM
Hey guys

I am having a problem where I keep getting a notice that comes on here and there saying "Service Tire Monitor" then when i go to check the tire pressure one the RL tire doesnt show any data. This doesnt always stay on. Some days it will come on and off and some days it wont come on at all. I took it to the dealership and they said it needed to be reset so they did that and its still happening. now they said they cant do anythign for me and want me to pay over 100$.... any idea what this might be|?

Regulator
04-13-09, 11:27 PM
You need a new tpms sensor. For the $100 it's worth it to buy from the dealer let them install it.
I had the same problem and bought one off ebay for $15 bucks had to take my wheel to one tire garage to get them to remove the tire ($11 bucks) I replaced the sensor myself then bring it to a seperate garage to mount and balance the tire on the rim ($22 bucks). For the hassel, it's better to get it all done in one place.

No garage will install it if you didn't buy it there and noone will break down a tire and re-mount it.

MoodySumo
04-14-09, 07:38 PM
It should be covered under warranty.

Dan