: Bumper plugs??

USAFRET
04-13-09, 07:07 PM
What are the two square plugs in the front and rear bumpers??

Thanks

Tom

sgilbert
04-13-09, 07:22 PM
Remove to screw in the tow "Eye" bolt that SHOULD be in your jack compartment.

Jake's SRX
04-13-09, 07:39 PM
Used if you are stuck or someone else, something to hook a tow strap to.

USAFRET
04-14-09, 07:17 AM
Thanks for the quick responses.

Cheers

Tom

TSS
04-14-09, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the quick responses.

Cheers

Tom

Just a note, yours is an 09, so don't look for the eyescrew in the jack compartment - you did not get one with the car. They stopped including it as standard equipment in at least in 2006. My 06 did not come with one and I had the dealer order me one. By the way, I still have it, and don't really need it anymore....

GMJim
04-14-09, 09:58 AM
Just to go a bit farther. It is an export requirement, and not even necessary/required in the states.

allgm
04-15-09, 05:01 PM
i think cadillac quit putting them in after 05 (screw in eyebolt)

i have an 08 ask my dealer were it was and they ordered me one.

Nice to have if you ever need to be pulled on a car hauler

better than using a log chain to sway bar

Darth Xed
04-15-09, 05:51 PM
i think cadillac quit putting them in after 05 (screw in eyebolt)

i have an 08 ask my dealer were it was and they ordered me one.

Nice to have if you ever need to be pulled on a car hauler

better than using a log chain to sway bar

Sounds like another 'little item' that quietly got cut from production toward the end of the vehicles life cycle... this, the cargo net, the cabin air filter.....

USAFRET
04-15-09, 06:23 PM
Sounds like another 'little item' that quietly got cut from production toward the end of the vehicles life cycle... this, the cargo net, the cabin air filter.....

My 09 has the cabin filter. I asked to see it during the CPO certification since they gave it a clean bill of health on the check list. As far as towing is concerned I'll be calling GM Road Side Assistance and they can deal with that.

TSS
04-16-09, 09:55 AM

Cargo net, eyehook, tire changing gloves were all cut 2 years into SRX production (absent from 2006 +). More towards the beginning of the vehicle life cycle. The net thing really bugged me. My Lade came with no net too. That is kinda ridiculous. Okay, maybe most people never use the eyehook or even know what it is for. But the cargo net?

USAFRET
04-16-09, 11:26 AM
I'm interested in the cargo net, can some one post a photo of one and I guess I can buy one from my dealer. Does any one have a P/N or better/cheaper source??

Tom

Darth Xed
04-16-09, 02:47 PM
I'm interested in the cargo net, can some one post a photo of one and I guess I can buy one from my dealer. Does any one have a P/N or better/cheaper source??

Tom

Hmmm, I bought mine about 6 months ago from www.gmpartsdirect.com

I was going to post you a direct link to it, but I can't find the net on their site now... out of stock maybe?

As for what it looks like, it's a squarish shaped cargo net, with an elastic edging so it can stretch over the cargo. Has a hook on all 4 corners to attach to the 4 loops on the floor of the cargo area.

I use it all the time, it's great, but it shuoldhave come with the car considering it stickers for $40-$55k+

Great net though, strong, durable... I use it all the time.

USAFRET
04-16-09, 03:41 PM
Hmmm, I bought mine about 6 months ago from www.gmpartsdirect.com

I was going to post you a direct link to it, but I can't find the net on their site now... out of stock maybe?

As for what it looks like, it's a squarish shaped cargo net, with an elastic edging so it can stretch over the cargo. Has a hook on all 4 corners to attach to the 4 loops on the floor of the cargo area.

I use it all the time, it's great, but it shuoldhave come with the car considering it stickers for $40-$55k+

Great net though, strong, durable... I use it all the time.

Thanks, I found a source.

Thanks.

Tom