: Why discontinue the coolest option?

CadillacCastle
04-13-09, 02:36 AM
Why were the turn signal fiber optics discontinued? They were the coolest Cadillac option. Did it save Cadillac that much money to discontinue them? I miss chrome bumpers too. I know the plastic bumpers saved tons of money over chrome bumpers that actually helped. Will the windshields be plastic next like the plastic headlights? Glass headlight used to be 15.00 now plastic ones are 175.00 What are they thinking? Well what can we make the car out of cheaper today that will not last as long and the sun light will crack? I hear plastic engine blocks are next. They even made the oil dipstick handle plastic. I know it's all about money selling parts. :ill:

inurok
06-20-09, 12:03 PM
We are in a recession so all the car manufactures are cutting corners and cutting back. Why keep those options when most people are purchasing pre-owned these days.

pompste
08-29-09, 09:33 PM
Why were the turn signal fiber optics discontinued? They were the coolest Cadillac option. Did it save Cadillac that much money to discontinue them? I miss chrome bumpers too. I know the plastic bumpers saved tons of money over chrome bumpers that actually helped. Will the windshields be plastic next like the plastic headlights? Glass headlight used to be 15.00 now plastic ones are 175.00 What are they thinking? Well what can we make the car out of cheaper today that will not last as long and the sun light will crack? I hear plastic engine blocks are next. They even made the oil dipstick handle plastic. I know it's all about money selling parts. :ill:

I know it`s bad when Cadillac eliminates some of the options they were always noted for.Remember the little turn signal indicators on top of each front fender? Just one of many creature comforts Cadillac has done away with over the years to save money.

thebigjimsho
09-05-09, 03:58 PM
Save money, my ass. They got rid of many of these things because they were stupid. Chrome bumpers? On ANY new vehicle? Yeah, that would look great... :histeric:

hueterm
09-05-09, 05:13 PM
Aerodynamics is a big reason -- those little nubs for the fiber optics and big ass chrome bumpers all create drag. Thank the environazis for that one...

pompste
09-10-09, 12:01 AM
Save money, my ass. They got rid of many of these things because they were stupid. Chrome bumpers? On ANY new vehicle? Yeah, that would look great... :histeric:

You know,the more i think about it----you`re right---they were stupid to get rid of the many creature comforts/options Cadillac was known for.
They were also stupid to eliminate to eliminate the "Fleetwood".