: 1994 BOSE speaker pop noise, what is it???

heitzman
04-12-09, 12:39 PM
I just installed a aftermarket HU (pioneer) in my 1994 eldorado with the proper BOSE amp bypass harness. Everything works great and sounds great except when I change the radio station, the speakers make a loud pop noise and then the radio station comes in. Can anybody tell me what causes this and how I can fix this. Thanks

CadillacSTS42005
04-12-09, 06:55 PM
gain set to high on harness

heitzman
04-12-09, 08:57 PM
thanks CadillacSTS2003, i installed two (2) ground loop isolators into the RCA jacks that run to the speakers and it took care of the pop noise. everything sounds great and better than the factory HU.

hansi
11-09-10, 05:06 PM
thanks CadillacSTS2003, i installed two (2) ground loop isolators into the RCA jacks that run to the speakers and it took care of the pop noise. everything sounds great and better than the factory HU.

Hi!
I have exactly the same problem!
What is a ground loop insulator and how are they installed?
I use all four RCA line ouputs, do I only need 2?

Hans Isaksen

Norway

OffThaHorseCEO
11-09-10, 06:06 PM
so youre not using the bose amps anymore then?

hansi
11-09-10, 09:10 PM
Yes, I do. I really like the sound of them. Not too loud, but very tight and well balanced. I have to repair two units, but that's another story/thread....
The amps mounted in the speaker enclosures, one at each speaker. I have a feeling Heizmann(and others) mixes up the "tuner" box with an amp.
I did not use any bypass harness, I just wired the line outputs from my Pioneer HU to the respective line feeds out of the "tuner"(CDU?) box located by the antenna in the rh. trunk.....
I probably need to check overall grounding, or install two of those ground loop insulators...

Hans
Norway
94 Eldo TC

Maxfli
01-24-11, 02:19 PM
I just installed a aftermarket HU (pioneer) in my 1994 eldorado with the proper BOSE amp bypass harness. Everything works great and sounds great except when I change the radio station, the speakers make a loud pop noise and then the radio station comes in. Can anybody tell me what causes this and how I can fix this. Thanks
I have a very similar problem, but with the stock Bose AMP. All of the sudden, the right channel (door speaker) starts poping and crackling like there is some kind of short. it comes and goes. The real puzzler is that it will do this even when the IGN is OFF and the car is simply setting in the garage. I have '97 STS and this just started showing up a few months ago. Please advise??

Jesda
01-24-11, 04:06 PM
If the amp attached to each speaker is failing, you'll need to have them repaired. There's services on ebay that do it, or you can contact carstereohelp.com. You would have to remove them and ship them yourself.