: Just dynoed the Escalade

ZaC851
04-11-09, 06:36 PM
I wanted to get a base line dyno for it before it goes into the shop next week for the longtubes/y-pipe, cam install, and dyno tune. Was about what I expected.

What its got so far:

2wd 5.3l
gibson catback
Volant instake
No tune

233rwhp/253rwtq

I will update this thread after the cam and header install. Truck goes to the shop end of the coming week and will probably be there for a few days.

and heres the chart.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z207/zac851/escalade_baseline_dyno.jpg

The Lac
04-12-09, 10:51 AM
What happened right after 4000 rpms. Is your convertor slipping?

Which cam are you going to be using? Do you have the specs?

ZaC851
04-12-09, 11:20 AM
What happened right after 4000 rpms. Is your convertor slipping?

Which cam are you going to be using? Do you have the specs?

Not sure. I've never actually felt it if that's the case.

The cam is a thunder racing cam. 220/220 .553/.553 112lsa

T-Giv
04-13-09, 08:22 PM
I have been trying to track down a dyno to throw my ESV on and I can't find one. I am running a Corsa Sport, AEM Brute Force Intake so I would imagine we make similar numbers.

wait4me
04-14-09, 01:12 PM
No at 4000, that ecm goes into a high speed mode at which it uses the MAF 100% instead of a ve blend. If you look at the airfuel ratio, it is REALLY lean so that is why the engine shows that bit of wavy mess. Then it goes to its target airfuel, which for a stock tune, probably has something wrong with it as it should be in the 11.s but on your run you where closer to 12.8s, which is normally only seen when you get a tune. If it is a stock tune, something is messing with you. It makes the most power around 12.5-12.8 which is what your is doing now with the stock ecm, But you definatly need to fix your low end power. With the fuel correct, you should be around 270 torque at 3600 rpms.

ZaC851
04-14-09, 06:55 PM
No at 4000, that ecm goes into a high speed mode at which it uses the MAF 100% instead of a ve blend. If you look at the airfuel ratio, it is REALLY lean so that is why the engine shows that bit of wavy mess. Then it goes to its target airfuel, which for a stock tune, probably has something wrong with it as it should be in the 11.s but on your run you where closer to 12.8s, which is normally only seen when you get a tune. If it is a stock tune, something is messing with you. It makes the most power around 12.5-12.8 which is what your is doing now with the stock ecm, But you definatly need to fix your low end power. With the fuel correct, you should be around 270 torque at 3600 rpms.

This thing may have been tuned....cant really say.... when I bought it it had a gibson exhaust and volant intake...so I dont really have a clue what the previous owner did......No worries though...it will all be takin care of here shortly. Just waiting on the valve springs so everything can get installed. Hopefully should make a little over 300rwhp which would be a nice improvement.

SUX2BU
04-14-09, 08:01 PM
I have been trying to track down a dyno to throw my ESV on and I can't find one. I am running a Corsa Sport, AEM Brute Force Intake so I would imagine we make similar numbers.

Same here, i gave up and just use track times to document how much my mods help.

ZaC851
04-14-09, 08:06 PM
Same here, i gave up and just use track times to document how much my mods help.

I've still yet to take mine to the track...but I believe I may go this week since its the last weekend the truck will be stock....I'm almost sort of embarrassed to take it though...running 16s probably....

mark.blend
04-15-09, 12:52 AM
Please let me know if your Gibson's are loud or just noticeible, and if there is a resonination in the cab?

I have an o5 w/ 29k miles and planning about the same mods.
I'll track your progress
thanks, mark in denver

T-Giv
04-15-09, 12:57 AM
Where are you located in Denver Mark? I'm from Colorado Springs.

ZaC851
04-15-09, 09:25 PM
Please let me know if your Gibson's are loud or just noticeible, and if there is a resonination in the cab?

I'll track your progress
thanks, mark in denver

give me a second I'll upload a clip

They are NOT loud at all IMO. only slightly louder than a stock exhaust with no drone in the cab. Its kinda good in a way because I'm sure when these LT headers and offroad y pipe go on it will be quite a bit louder...you will probably wont to go with something a little more louder if you dont plan on doing a full exhaust

ZaC851
04-15-09, 09:58 PM

I'll track your progress
thanks, mark in denver

Gibson catback exhaust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR8Frv1-Ypg

mark.blend
04-16-09, 03:04 AM
Your Gibson's about what i'm looking for: better exhaust flow but not to loud or drone in the cab. These cost less than Magnaflow and there generally tuned the same.

I'm located in highlands ranch, 25 & Lincoln. I'd like to hear yours when your near (303-791-8058).

What dyno house are your using?

mark/denver