Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Think These Will Work Well with the QA1s??

Tags
cts vendor
523 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  thebigjimsho 
#1 ·
So I've heard back from NAAKE who is a QA1 vendor and who QA1 recommended to me to see about mounting brackets for my front QA1 shocks. They recommended these T-bar kits to mount the QA1s on teh V. After examining the V last night and checking the FAQ, I'd like youse guise input so I can finally get my V fully mobile again.

http://qa1.thomasnet.com/viewitems/motorsports-street-rods-accessories/t-bar-kits?&plpver=1001&bc=1001|1005|1031|3001035&forward=1

Got my springs, will get my bearings from Luke, so this is the final piece...

#2 ·
I dont see why they wont work. Just use your factory bolts to bolt them to the a arms. Its basically the same thing the stock shocks have, as long as the bolt spacing is right. Did they say what length to buy?

#4 ·
Just measure your bolt spacing and your stock mount and buy the one closest to that. Its either gonna be the 3 or 3.5".

#5 ·
Pardon a newb...whats the reason for doing this? Why do you need new mounting brackets? Reason I ask...Im thinking about using the QA1's on my CTS. Ive been following your posts about these shocks, about the revalving and now all of this. Im curious why you are changing everything, and if id need/want to do this...

#6 ·
If you buy new, you get a mounting bracket for the front shocks. I bought mine used and they came sans brackets. So it's either chase down a vendor who has the brackets or get them custom made. This is my other alternative...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.