: What Do i gotta Do to Get A PULLY ?????

brent eb02
04-10-09, 01:21 AM
whats the hold up already?????

everyone keeps saying soon soon.....bla bla bla....

i dont know about you but i need another 3-4 lbs of boost...

Q8V
04-10-09, 06:45 AM
Get a universal 2.55 pulley, for $90 and it should add 3-4lbs that your looking for..

Florian
04-10-09, 12:16 PM
pullEy.....

F

CadV
04-10-09, 01:43 PM
Get a universal 2.55 pulley, for $90 and it should add 3-4lbs that your looking for..

That for the blower or crank? I am getting impatient as well.

Q8V
04-10-09, 02:26 PM
That for the blower or crank? I am getting impatient as well.

Yes, Blower!

Luna.
04-10-09, 04:25 PM
I believe a crank pulley will be available fairly soon. (Insert jab here to those companies who are (cough) not putting this as their highest priority!! :duck:).

For those interested in a blower pulley solution, I believe Hennessey already offers one and James and Mark are great guys to work with.

brent eb02
04-11-09, 02:15 AM
i dont know about you......but Hennessey will never ever get 1 penny from me....not after what he did to my viper buddies....he is a criminal and should be locked up!

thebigjimsho
04-11-09, 11:13 AM
The car has been out for 5 1/2 months...

Razorecko
04-11-09, 12:39 PM
i'd just get a full exhaust system w/ headers & hi flow cats & intake and run the current hp on less boost. Than later get a pulley to push it back up to the stock 11 psi but make some serious power :thumbsup:

CadV
04-11-09, 02:38 PM
i dont know about you......but Hennessey will never ever get 1 penny from me....not after what he did to my viper buddies....he is a criminal and should be locked up!

I have heard to many bad things about them to ever risk money with them.

musclesbmf
04-11-09, 06:24 PM
Spoke W4M the other day, and we talked about the pulley option he will be offering. He's not sure what the hold up is with the manufacturer but says it will be awesome and easy to install. It will be a whole SFI approved balancer assembly which will be able to change lower blower/crank pulley with 4 easy bolts.... just gotta be patient i guess.

Mark

Cub Cadet
04-11-09, 06:53 PM
Make sure you are getting a CRANK pulley. Changing the blower pulley causes bad, bad issues over time. Take it from the Lightning community... we have learned to leave the blower pulley alone. We have all kinds of awesome pulley providers... they even make pulley's with interchangeable rings so that you can change boost level easily.

Luna.
04-11-09, 08:56 PM

:hmm:

What does this mean?

I have heard to many bad things about them to ever risk money with them.

Wow...lot's of negative comments here...

CadV
04-11-09, 09:20 PM

What does this mean?

Wow...lot's of negative comments here...

Luna you been living on the moon :P. Google Hennessey and get ready for some fodder.

proexpert
04-11-09, 11:04 PM
Same man stole much $$ from my Corvette buddies, I agree he should be in prison, not in business.

SSideways
04-11-09, 11:16 PM
caveat emptor

surgin
04-12-09, 12:22 AM
Luna you been living on the moon :P. Google Hennessey and get ready for some fodder.

ok so i googled "hennessey crook"...... wow. just wow.:eek:

brent eb02
04-12-09, 03:15 AM
Spoke W4M the other day, and we talked about the pulley option he will be offering. He's not sure what the hold up is with the manufacturer but says it will be awesome and easy to install. It will be a whole SFI approved balancer assembly which will be able to change lower blower/crank pulley with 4 easy bolts.... just gotta be patient i guess.

Mark

thanks for the update mark

colbachlaw
04-12-09, 12:42 PM
I finally googled "hennessey crook".

Holy cow.

Looks like I am glad I decided not to buy the silver V that Hennessey was selling.

One more reason to wait til Jessie brings his to market.

Mike C

verbs
04-12-09, 06:56 PM
How Hennessey is even a sponsor here is beyond me.

Luna.
04-12-09, 08:42 PM
Anything recent?

Vrocks
04-13-09, 01:32 AM
How Hennessey is even a sponsor here is beyond me.

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/general-discussion/21978-efool-gets-punked-his-own-board.html

brent eb02
04-13-09, 10:35 PM
thanks for posting that Vrocks

good reading !!

JTHennessey
04-17-09, 11:42 AM
Hey guys... James here at Hennessey. While we cannot change what is on the forums, we can change how things are ran and customer satisfaction. Mr. Dave Golder (member on these forums) has been with Hennessey Performance since April 08 and is the director of all operations. John has personally spent hundreds of thousands of make sure every customer has been taken care of and there is no outstanding concerns. I've joined the team in July 2008 and have spoken to many of you who have posted in this thread who can contest as a company, we have served you to the utmost quailty and look forward to continuing to do so.

If you are ever in the Houston, TX area, I welcome you to stop by our facility for a tour. We have a 25,000 sq/ft facility sitting on over 180 acres. With over 50 cars in the shop on a given day and shipping out 20-30 cars a month, I assure you that you can't believe all that you read.

Speak to you soon.
James

Dave Golder
04-17-09, 12:09 PM
thanks for posting that Vrocks

good reading !!

here is a post from John on the GTR forum from the other day. Kind of says everything....this of course applies to any Caddy owners. We have done a 1/2 dozen of them already as well as shipped our parts to over 2 dozen CTS-V customers many on this forum.

So, let me take this opportunity to set the record straight for you and anyone else intererested:

** this is not a commercial to solicit anyone's business. it is simply a statement to correct mis-information which has been on the internet for too long.

1. Hennessey Performance Engineering (HPE) has built 5 GTR's to date. This includes our white GTR which you may have read about online (Road & Track), YouTube, etc. All of our customer GTR's have performed flawlessly and as promised. Just like the other cars we build at the rate of 1-2 completed vehicles per week for the last 4 years.

2. We dont claim to know everything about the GTR and we are doing our own R&D work on the car right now. We do not copy other shop's work. We dont have to. Others copy ours all the time. Why? Because our stuff works. This is not arrogance, this is just the way it is. We have been very open and honest about our GTR upgrades including the fact that our tranny slips sometimes at its current power level.

3. We do offer HKS parts to anyone who wants to buy them. We did at one time use the HKS570 kit as part of our upgrade. But this has not been the case for several months as we now make our own parts. Our parts have proven to be more powerful and we like to build our stuff in house for many reasons such as cost, QC and we dont run out of stock like being at the mercy of another supplier in Japan. Nothing wrong with the HKS stuff, its very well made and works, but its hard to get sometimes.

4. I agree with you that the vendors here seem to be good guys, doing their part to help out the GTR community. We feel that we are doing our part as well, wether we are allowed to be sponsors or not on this forum. We appreciate the fact that we were offered the ability to share information and I am thankful to be able to do that right now.

5. You seem to have the wrong impression about HPE. Yes it is true that I did not run my business right back in the 2000-2002 time frame. I was pretty much put out of business by bad press and unhappy customers on the internet. Some of this was covered in an Autoweek story in April, 2002. Some of the things in the story were true. Many things were not. We do not take parts off of customers cars. If we were some sort of a chop shop we would have been shut down a long time ago. But the fact that we were late in deliverying cars for clients in that 2000-2002 time frame is completely true.

6. By early 2003 my wife had left me with our 5 kids and we were pretty much broke and were actually homeless for about 30 days (i slept on an air mattress in my office). I didnt know what to do, but I knew that I had 5 kids to feed and that I needed to make things right with the customers I still needed to take care of. As well as vendors to take care of. It was suggested to me by many people to file bankrupcy. I didnt feel that this was the right thing to do as I owed customers and suppliers. So I never filed bankruptcy I just kep on working in hopes that things would get better.

7. Slowly in 2004 business started coming back. I realized that I was being given a second chance and swore that I would do everything possible to make my past wrongs right while doing business right in the future. God really blessed me and continues to do so today. My wife and kids came back home and our business began to recover. It was and is a true miracle.

8. As business continued to grow, I realized that I needed good people to help me. I do pretty well on product development and promoting the product and business. But I knew that I needed good guys in the shop, parts dept and office to make sure that our business was being done right and customers being taken care of. This has been an ongoing process, but today I think we have one of the most talented group of guys in the aftermarket industry.

9. Today, HPE has over 20 employees including our GM, Dave Golder, who takes care of the day to day operations, including production and customer satisfaction. We are also probably one of the few tuner shops to have its own CFO. Bret, our CFO, is a CPA who makes sure that our business runs right, week in and week out. And we have several great techs and fabricators who make our cars go fast week in and week out.

10. Over the last 5 years we have really been blessed with growth and business - more than I could have ever imagined back in 2003 when things were at their worst. And from this growth, we have been able to take care of past customer and supplier issues. Many customers we had during that time, have come back and continued to allow us to upgrade their cars. They know all the history, good bad and ugly. Same thing with our suppliers, most of which we have net 30 terms for 5-figure amounts. Companies like HRE, Corsa, KW, Vortech-Paxton and many others. Why? Because we do our business right. That is the way its been for the last many years. And that is the way it is going to be in the future. Our 2007 sales were $4m, 2008 was $6.2m and we are on track to do $10m in sales for 2009. All this while other companies in this industry are cutting back or shutting down. Again, I dont deserve this at all, its totally a God thing.

11. I do not take for granted being given a second chance in this business. I know I wont get a 3rd chance. So I do everything I can everyday to make sure our customers are being taken care of and that their cars are built the best we can build them. That is our bottom line. And this hold true for our GTR owners as well as the owners of the 30 other various car projects which we now have in the shop, in addition to our mail order parts sales and ebay sales.

12. I invite any GTR owner or Nissan enthusiast, to come visit our facility which includes our 26,000 square foot workshop, fab dept and showroom. We have our own 1/4 mile dragstrip next to our shop to test our cars and give demo rides to clients and prospective clients.

Finally, Mindless Oath, I invite you to come visit us if you are ever in Texas. I would be glad to show you the kind of research we are doing with the GTR and other cars. As you have seen, we recently made several runs at the Texas Mile and learned a lot about the GTR and the mods we are doing. Our upgrades are still under development and we are learning a lot from our research every day. So your assumption that we are not a very "good researcher" is simply wrong. And I dont mean this to be an arrogant statement to you. But I just wanted to clarify for you what the facts are. And while it is painful for me to go backwards almost 10 years, I think this needed to be said in hopes that some are willing to understand where I have some from. But more importantly, that all will know where we are now and where we are going.

Thanks and please feel free to email me directly if you have any specific questions. Have a great week everyone.

John Hennessey
john@hennesseyperformance.com

The Tony Show
04-17-09, 12:38 PM
And there it is, folks. Several statements in that post took balls to write and post in public, and I applaud John for finally answering a lot of the allegations that have been thrown out about him over the years, even to the point of admitting the truth in a few of them.

Everyone makes mistakes in life, and deserves a second chance. Until a poster here on this forum provides proof of a bad experience with the "new" Hennessey, I'll ask that everyone refrain from bringing up the past.

musclesbmf
04-17-09, 12:50 PM
I agree, now can we get this post back on track about viable options for pullies?

Florian
04-17-09, 12:56 PM
Keep it on topic folks. The past is the past, there have been no issues here.....

Nothing to see, move along.

F

Dave Golder
04-17-09, 01:00 PM
I agree, now can we get this post back on track about viable options for pullies?

I will tell you what we have run in to on CTS-V and ZR1 pulleys. John Heinricy is now does work for us said GM put them on to make sure they will not be removed. Can they be removed.....yes we have removed them. The problem is it moves a lot of metal and there is a very strong chance that the blower will break before the pulley comes off. We can't take that liability. If I bust one out of 10 blowers removing a pulley we have lost money.

So we remove the snout and machine it without removing the pulley and we make an interchangeable pulley system. Works perfect. Is it cheap ..... not as cheap as a pulley but not as expensive as a replacement blower:D

Does it work...... very well. We have done a bunch more of them than anyone I guess and it is available today. Maybe down the road we will find a better option that does not require an exchange but I doubt it.

colbachlaw
04-17-09, 01:03 PM
Dave,

Do you have a loaner snout so my car does not have to be out of commission for very long?

If so, please let me know pricing and availability for a snout that will give me three more pounds of boost.

Mike C

Cub Cadet
04-17-09, 01:15 PM
Crank pulleys are what is needed... anyone have these yet. Messing around with the blower pulley itself is asking for trouble and quite a bit of diasappointment. Trust me - the SVT Cobra / Lightning crowd has experienced this for many years and have learned to swap crank pulleys... plus, it is far, far easier to do.

JTHennessey
04-17-09, 01:21 PM
Dave,

Do you have a loaner snout so my car does not have to be out of commission for very long?

If so, please let me know pricing and availability for a snout that will give me three more pounds of boost.

Mike C

Mike:
The only way to get the spare snouts is to buy the full supercharger. Here at Hennessey Performance we have 3 complete systems used for cores and right now all 3 cores are overseas amd we are awaiting for them to come back. If you would like to call me today, I can secure the next one for you. Thoughts?

James

JTHennessey
04-17-09, 01:26 PM
Crank pulleys are what is needed... anyone have these yet. Messing around with the blower pulley itself is asking for trouble and quite a bit of diasappointment. Trust me - the SVT Cobra / Lightning crowd has experienced this for many years and have learned to swap crank pulleys... plus, it is far, far easier to do.

This is not a good option either... here is why...

The CTS-V uses of a third drive belt dedicated to the supercharger rather than the two belt system used on the ZR1 engine. With this being said, you would be changing 3 belts, several pullies and alot of labor!

colbachlaw
04-17-09, 04:12 PM
James,

Thanks for the quick response.

I may hold off on the pulley for a little bit and see how other guys cars hold up.

There is a big box from you guys sitting in my office that I am pretty sure is a set of headers.

Once I get the headers, CAI, and tune installed, I am pretty sure I will still want more power and will head the pulley route.

Mike C

JTHennessey
04-17-09, 04:23 PM
James,

Thanks for the quick response.

I may hold off on the pulley for a little bit and see how other guys cars hold up.

There is a big box from you guys sitting in my office that I am pretty sure is a set of headers.

Once I get the headers, CAI, and tune installed, I am pretty sure I will still want more power and will head the pulley route.

Mike C

Mike... Glad to hear you have your headers and I am assuming before your vehicle! We are shipping headers and cold airs on a daily basis so I am sure you will start to see alot of posts about these upgrades very shortly!

Thanks again for your business

ctsv5005
04-18-09, 06:43 AM
hi mr john, im from dubai and own a V2. should i go for the blower pulley ( supercharge pulley) or crank pulley? pros and cons please? so that i can place my order fast. please clear my doubts. cheers!

JTHennessey
04-18-09, 03:54 PM
hi mr john, im from dubai and own a V2. should i go for the blower pulley ( supercharge pulley) or crank pulley? pros and cons please? so that i can place my order fast. please clear my doubts. cheers!

Based off all our R&D, we would suggest the supercharger snout pulley upgrade. As mentioned above, changing the crank pulley would require alot more items and time.

Speak to you soon,

James

Luna.
04-18-09, 04:07 PM
This is not a good option either... here is why...

The CTS-V uses of a third drive belt dedicated to the supercharger rather than the two belt system used on the ZR1 engine. With this being said, you would be changing 3 belts, several pullies and alot of labor!

Really? :confused:

Why not just change the middle belt drive on the crank pulley, which my understanding is that this belt drives the supercharger and nothing else, and leave the diameter of the other 2 crank drives the same? That would seem to be pretty reasonable to me. Is there a different issue that prohibits this from happening? My understanding is that there are companies out there right now attempting to do exactly this

wait4me
04-19-09, 12:39 PM
For the crank pulley swap to work, all you do is Remove and reuse the ac belt, Remove and reuse the Accessory belt, then replace a idler pully and select the amount of overdrive via a bolt on blower crank pulley and use the correct new blower belt..

The crank pully was a piece of cake to swap compared to the risk of ruining the blower snout..

Also crank pulley components can be put back to stock ALOT easier than the blower snout mod. I have yet to press off a stock pulley without some little taletell mark on it somewhere or a slight notch.

For the crank swap, you need.
belt.
dampner bolt.
new harmonic balancer with selectable blower only crank sizes. All other components turn exactly stock rpms so the only thing spinning faster is the blower.

narcszm
04-19-09, 02:48 PM
Jesse,
It is usually recommended to change the front main seal when doing a pulley swap, which of course requires removing the timing cover. Is everything staying dry on the front of your engine, or are you seeing a little bit of oil seepage?

I agree that a larger diameter crank pulley is the better route for overdriving the supercharger.

Luna.
04-19-09, 02:53 PM
Jesse,
It is usually recommended to change the front main seal when doing a pulley swap, which of course requires removing the timing cover.

Really?

I've never changed that and Andy never mentioned anything either. :hmm:

I suppose there is a concern about leakage or something?

For the crank pulley swap to work, all you do is Remove and reuse the ac belt, Remove and reuse the Accessory belt, then replace a idler pully and select the amount of overdrive via a bolt on blower crank pulley and use the correct new blower belt..

The crank pully was a piece of cake to swap compared to the risk of ruining the blower snout..

Also crank pulley components can be put back to stock ALOT easier than the blower snout mod. I have yet to press off a stock pulley without some little taletell mark on it somewhere or a slight notch.

For the crank swap, you need.

belt.

dampner bolt.

new harmonic balancer with selectable blower only crank sizes. All other components turn exactly stock rpms so the only thing spinning faster is the blower.

This makes a lot of sense. Jesse, who made the crank pulley for you?

NormV
04-19-09, 04:59 PM
Seal change is recommended, , but not necessary. More needed when the timing cover is removed for a cam swap. This is the case even with clutch swap since 1997 LS1.
Norm

Jesse,
It is usually recommended to change the front main seal when doing a pulley swap, which of course requires removing the timing cover. Is everything staying dry on the front of your engine, or are you seeing a little bit of oil seepage?

I agree that a larger diameter crank pulley is the better route for overdriving the supercharger.

surgin
04-19-09, 05:40 PM
excuse my total ignorance, but what exactly do you change it to? just replace it with a new stock one or some kind of upgraded seal?

qictrk
04-19-09, 06:31 PM
I don't see why you would have to change it. Its still very new and should be very flexable. Cecil........

narcszm
04-20-09, 01:03 AM
I don't see why you would have to change it. Its still very new and should be very flexable. Cecil........

The urethane they use us actually pretty hard, and gets harder with alot of heat cycles. Being new will certainly help.

NormV reminded me why it is most useful. When taking of the timing cover, the alignment is never exactly the same, so the new position of the pulley in relation to the seal will be slightly offset. What inevitably happens in that case is there is some slight oil leakage.

I'm now somewhat reassured a simply pulley underdrive / overdrive pulley swap would not cause any issue, especially on a newish motor. It would be best if the new pulley were a few thou larger diameter than stock, just to be sure there's a good seal.

Now, who will be the first vendor with 15% underdrive on all the accessories and 15-25% variable overdrive on the Eaton? I'm ready to commit to buying one.