Cadillac Owners Forum banner

I need help removing 3rd brake light

719 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  stuckey 
#1 ·
I'm trying to remove the 3rd brake light from the panel where the license plate and reverse lights are and I can't get it out. I've removed all of the torx screws but theres still something in the middle holding it in place.

Does anyone that has had their 3rd brake light tinted have any suggestions? Is there just a pressure fitting? Or is there more screws other than the 6 that go along the bottom? Its in the center of the light that's still holding tight. I don't want to just pull on it and break something...

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!:worship:

#2 ·
i cant remember how many it was but i removed mine yesterday and had the same issue. i just removed the screws and then it was still stuck on. i guess from 5 years of dirt pollen and whatever else it had formed a sticky bomd witht the trunk. just make sure all screws are out and wiggle it. it should break loose

#3 ·
Sweet, I got it. Thank you! I was just worried if I pulled or twisted it the wrong way I would brake a clip or something. I think it was the gasket that goes around the light that was sticking...

#4 ·
glad i could help there are so many great people here that i rarely get a chance to contribute what very little knowledge i have...but i guess that is the great thing about this forum. you can get an answer to almost any question

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.