Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Only 3 FG2 Shocks Installed!!?

913 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Twitch 
#1 ·
I bought my V used with about 12k miles. Right after purchase, I noticed I had the FG2 shocks (at least on the left front where I looked).

Last weekend, while installing the UUC stainless brake lines, I discovered that the right front shock is an FE4! I talked with my dealer and went over the service history - no shock replacement shows up. So- either the original dealer didn't install all 4 of the FG2 (unlikely) or the car was in a wreck of some sort and the right front shock and who knows what else had to be replaced (sadly - this is more likely). Nothing showed up on the carfax when I bought the car back in January 2008.

Anyway - at this point I'm trying to evaluate my options. I don't like the idea of having 2 different shocks on the front (although - I must admit I'd never felt a difference in driving or handling). I've got a track day coming up the weekend of 4/18 as well (Harris Hill Road in San Marcos, TX).

I've talked with Lindsay and they can get me a single FG2 front shock for about $200 plus shipping. I just wonder if I should replace both fronts since I have right at 32k miles on the existing shocks.

Any feedback is appreciated.

See less See more
#3 ·
That's cool that Luke can do that for you. Someone posted that their dealer would only sell all four FG2s as a set.
The shock might have just gone bad, and they put in the wrong one. I would change both front. One old and one new might be the same as having two different shocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.