: Finally Black 24s

02BLacLady
04-09-09, 07:35 AM
Finally got my 24s on. Still more to come. limo tint, 3-5 mcgauhys drop and e&g mesh grill to be exact. Very happy with these wheels and tires in person. The pics aren't bad, but I can definately recommend. 24x10 boss 330s and sunny 3980 305/35/24s. Still need an alignment but most shops so far turned me down because I have 24s. The lip on the wheels however is polished and will definately need xtra care, but for the $2100 the wheels/tires/mouting and balancing cost me, I couldn't be happier.

ESCALADOR
04-09-09, 08:42 AM
The truck looks nice as hell! Can't wait to see it with your additions.

I love that black on black look. I am definitely going to go that route when I get my new Lade!

bigksone
04-09-09, 08:53 AM
Looks good.:thumbsup: You tint looks good now. You're going darker?
I wish i could get away with that here in NY.

CaNiBusCK
04-09-09, 08:54 AM
Nothng but soap and water for those wheels. Any chemicals (except glass cleaner) can do a real number on the polished lip. Definately looks good. Take care of em!!

Rolex
04-09-09, 09:05 AM
Wow that looks amazing. Nice choice of wheels and the drop looks really good. :cool2:

pcguy760
04-09-09, 10:33 AM
That looks badass! That black on black really looks good and those clear headlights look great on a black truck. Nice choices there :thumbsup:

ridetoyoudie
04-09-09, 10:42 AM
looks really good I love the black on black...

definatly go darker with the tints that would give it a banginn look
and do somthing with the tail lights imo.

pcguy760
04-09-09, 10:54 AM
Once you get that mesh grill and the drop... WOW! Totally bad ass! Don't forget to show us the pics after those upgrades :)

BTW does the drop kit require changing the shocks?

The Lac
04-09-09, 01:39 PM
Looks great! Very similar to mine.

02BLacLady
04-10-09, 01:34 AM
Thanks for all the positive comments. I'll definately post pics when the list of mods gets longer.:cool2:

Definately thinking about doing the blacked out tails and cutting the exhaust pipe off so you cant see it, but may do the dual tips. :stirpot:

Spittin Game
04-10-09, 01:06 PM
Much better than the other ones you wanted! :thumbsup:

The Lac
04-10-09, 09:26 PM
I like the dual tips myself...

T-Giv
04-13-09, 08:27 PM
Definitely smoke those tails. I just finished mine and they came out WAY better than I thought they would. Very pleased. Those wheels are sweet. I'm either going with these or the U2 55's. My truck is white so I'm not sure how I feel about the black on there.

02BLacLady
04-13-09, 09:46 PM
T-giv, I was also thinking about the US 55s, but wanted the black and didn't want top have to paint them after purchasing them. They do sell these in silver however and they look sick on the pearl white. Below is a link to pics. Matched to pearl white would look best though imo.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3051863

This link defininately made my mind up. Debadge with black tails and darker tint is a must for me in the future. I am very happy with these wheels though so I can definitely recommend. In person they are great. Pics don't do the truck justice.

PS U2s come in 26, but now that they're on, I'm glad I didn't go bigger. 24s fill the arches perfectly and still leave room for the drop and some nice meat on the tires.

T-Giv
04-15-09, 12:58 PM
Why would you do this to me?! I was "set" on the U2's and now that I look at those in the polished chrome look I don't know what to do! Thanks a lot. :crying:

02BLacLady
04-16-09, 02:48 AM
I know. But painting the U2s to match the pearl white is more difficult because its chrome. The silver boss 330s look big in silver. Bigger than in black, because all you see is the lip in black. Imagine color matching them to the pearl white. They are not very expensive to buy so the custom paint may be worthwhile on the lac. I paid 1100 to my door for my 24s in black. I've seen the 07 lade done in pearl with the color matched 26's and it looked nice. The u2s however are a flat 6 spoke and don't really hook back like the boss wheels. If you're going with chrome do the U2s. The boss wheel don't have the same impact in chrome. The u2s also come in 26, which makes the escalade look very flash. Don't know if that's you're style, but they have that effect. Chrome U2s are Choppers. Either way though, you can't go wrong with either. And nothing stopping you from painting the U2s. Sick nasty.:cool2:

sam hamm
04-16-09, 11:08 AM
those polished bosses on the white is legit. if i had white i would go that route.

also nice looking truck man. ive always liked those wheels. the only thing that i think would even make it looked better is like you said a drop and smoked tails, and also maybe doing the headlights like mine.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2lsy3gw.jpg

02BLacLady
04-18-09, 02:00 AM
I do like those headlights samm and have been torn back and fourth about doing the black housing or just buying a new set of stock ones and redoing the clear corner mod. I also have thought about doing the projectors off ebay with the black housing, but I really don't wanna buy 500 dollar projectors, rip them apart, paint the orange, and hope it all goes as planned. Then there is the possibility that they will look ricey/not work properly/ f up my electrical system. I haven't ever seen it done though, so it is enticing to be the first.

Either way I'm getting the grillcraft mesh grill first, then deciding after its installed. I may leave the grill chrome or I may paint it black, so I can't yet figure out weather I want the black or chrome housing headlights.

Most importantly, which brand and type of adhesive did you use to seal your lights after the lights were apart. What a bitch, but worth it by far. I had a ///M3 before the lade, so the though of orange corners was out of the question.

P.S. Glad you posted on this thread. Your truck made me seriously contemplate 26s. Love the EXT as well, but I had to get the wagon because the EXT its to long for the tiny parking spaces in my college town. Also, I love the tahoe splitter, The nose of the lade is higher than the running boards. Nice fix for that. May be a future mod. Great taste all around. I bet it looks amazing in person if mine, stock on 24's is any indication.

sam hamm
04-20-09, 09:17 AM
I do like those headlights samm and have been torn back and fourth about doing the black housing or just buying a new set of stock ones and redoing the clear corner mod. I also have thought about doing the projectors off ebay with the black housing, but I really don't wanna buy 500 dollar projectors, rip them apart, paint the orange, and hope it all goes as planned. Then there is the possibility that they will look ricey/not work properly/ f up my electrical system. I haven't ever seen it done though, so it is enticing to be the first.

Either way I'm getting the grillcraft mesh grill first, then deciding after its installed. I may leave the grill chrome or I may paint it black, so I can't yet figure out weather I want the black or chrome housing headlights.

Most importantly, which brand and type of adhesive did you use to seal your lights after the lights were apart. What a bitch, but worth it by far. I had a ///M3 before the lade, so the though of orange corners was out of the question.

P.S. Glad you posted on this thread. Your truck made me seriously contemplate 26s. Love the EXT as well, but I had to get the wagon because the EXT its to long for the tiny parking spaces in my college town. Also, I love the tahoe splitter, The nose of the lade is higher than the running boards. Nice fix for that. May be a future mod. Great taste all around. I bet it looks amazing in person if mine, stock on 24's is any indication.

yea the grill sounds like it would be nice. i went with black on mine because i hadnt really seen any done black like mine yet.

and on the headlights i used mainly the same glue that was already in it. i just reheated it until it was liquidy again and reused it but if their was some places that didnt look sealed i used some two-part epoxy from a auto parts store.

and thats cool abou the m3. i have 2 e36s in my driveway right now im trying to do a motor swap in. i love bmws.

02BLacLady
04-20-09, 01:19 PM
Here's a pic of the e36 right before I sold it.

sam hamm
04-20-09, 08:02 PM
my first one:
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/47/l_8ce39a7e876d26d15246a20a4ad4140e.jpg
end up like:
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/52/l_3ec78ec5edb5357b9b93da0eaa65c0fb.jpg
then got:
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/41/l_a759b529101a1379c319907220af7da3.jpg

then sold and got the lade and now have two stockers that im trying to sell or do a motor swap in. ive loved these cars but i think its really just time to grow out of them until i have a career.

yours looked real nice man.

02BLacLady
04-20-09, 10:16 PM
No way. I had the 18x8.5 inch zenetti vegas in silver before I got the 19x8.5 inch mystiks you see. Black on Black 1995 with a sport package and sunroof too. Damn. Coincidence, I don't think so. If you had the euro hfm kit ill laugh. Mine had the nx 100 wet shot. Great for low end torque on those strong but high reving ///M motors. Ran it with a straight pipe for a few years, but swapped it back before the resale.

Not a bad idea to let them go though because upkeep can cost more than a payment for a newer car. Now, with the 335i on thee market, why turbo an e36 m3. The V3 software on the 335i is faster and has 200 pound feet more. Plus, way safer!!! And I too grew out of my e36.

My lade is so much easier to own. Gets it done in style with no stress.

sam hamm
04-22-09, 09:04 PM
No way. I had the 18x8.5 inch zenetti vegas in silver before I got the 19x8.5 inch mystiks you see. Black on Black 1995 with a sport package and sunroof too. Damn. Coincidence, I don't think so. If you had the euro hfm kit ill laugh. Mine had the nx 100 wet shot. Great for low end torque on those strong but high reving ///M motors. Ran it with a straight pipe for a few years, but swapped it back before the resale.

Not a bad idea to let them go though because upkeep can cost more than a payment for a newer car. Now, with the 335i on thee market, why turbo an e36 m3. The V3 software on the 335i is faster and has 200 pound feet more. Plus, way safer!!! And I too grew out of my e36.

My lade is so much easier to own. Gets it done in style with no stress.

that is crazy. all the black one had was the stage 2 dinan package and i also had the vaders in it. i miss that car so much.

the white one was non vanos and lame and im so tired i got rid of it ha.

and yea i definantly understand but im only 19 i still need something i can go out and sling around every once in a while. i will probably scoop up a 240 sometime soon but im not sure yet.

BlakSpyda
04-25-09, 10:59 AM
nice!

BlakSpyda
04-25-09, 11:08 AM
nice!

04AWDLADE
04-29-10, 10:55 AM
What offset did you go with on these wheels?