: SCCA Levels the Playing Field

b4z
07-09-04, 07:16 PM
This time the CTS-V is the beneficiary.
Since Audi won the last 2 races they are being hit
with weight penalties, boost limits and inlet restrictions.

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=motorsportsnews&loc_code=index&content_code=05887894

benjet
07-09-04, 07:25 PM
ooooooooooooooooooh - this means the next race (which is the one I'm planning to go see live and in person) will be a REALLY good one.

Infeneon @ Sears Point (7/18) - anyone??? Track seats ~100k we have plenty of room for a bigger cheering section, where are all the CTS-VR supporters!

-Ben

Slick V
07-09-04, 08:27 PM
why is it they make all of the cars slower to even the field, why not just let the slower cars get more additions to help them improve. I liked seeing the CTS-VR's dominate at Sebring. It should be where all cars go all out to see who makes the better car, what i think racing should be about.

Just my .03

Dreamin
07-09-04, 09:10 PM
Good! Let's hope the next race doesn't look like this the whole time:

http://zeemr.home.comcast.net/V-RS6.jpg
...damn pesky RS6s...

Late BrakeU2
07-09-04, 09:51 PM
why is it they make all of the cars slower to even the field, why not just let the slower cars get more additions to help them improve. I liked seeing the CTS-VR's dominate at Sebring. It should be where all cars go all out to see who makes the better car, what i think racing should be about.

Just my .03
"SCCA Pro Racing announced across-the-board adjustments to the top cars to reduce the overall performance level of the category in order to control costs, ensure durability of production components and ensure continued growth."

Without parity privateers like Dave Farmer and Phil McLure would never be able to win races against factory teams,Mitch does a great job leveling the field.Without parity WC would become as boring and predictable as F1.

JMHO

Vesicant
07-09-04, 10:13 PM
This time the CTS-V is the beneficiary.
Since Audi won the last 2 races they are being hit
with weight penalties, boost limits and inlet restrictions.

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=motorsportsnews&loc_code=index&content_code=05887894
It was tear jerking to watch the last race, watching the Cadillac struggle to keep up :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

V-Love
07-12-04, 01:16 AM
Limit this team this race. Restrict that team next race. Sounds like SCCA is fixed to me. I thought if you lose a race you go home and make it faster for next time. Now, limit the winner instead? Is this politically correct racing? Someone, somewhere, should be ashamed!

T_Dogg8
07-12-04, 10:57 AM
Limit this team this race. Restrict that team next race. Sounds like SCCA is fixed to me. I thought if you lose a race you go home and make it faster for next time. Now, limit the winner instead? Is this politically correct racing? Someone, somewhere, should be ashamed!
i agree. i also think it's not fair to have some companies have almost an unlimited budget, but i still don't think limiting a car is the answer.