: 2006 Ext CAI

muss717
04-08-09, 08:08 PM
I am looking for a CAI for my 2006 Ext Lade. I was looking for a Volant but it doesn't appear they make one for that year in the ext. I'm new at this so any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated I am primarily looking for extra MPG(i know i'm not going to get much maybe 2-4mpg extra) but for as much as I drive it will make a difference. The noise isn't important as I already have a custom exhaust that is loud enough haha (duals with twin turbo mufflers)

So in other words i'm open for your suggestions and opinions.

CAD-E!
04-08-09, 11:06 PM
i have a AEM and i like it, it also has CARB #'s, if your intrested in one my friend might still have a brand new one in stock.

zerocarpileup
04-09-09, 12:12 AM
Go with the Injen Powerflow, it is the first and only tuned CAI made specifically for your vehicle. So that means there's no computer tuning required and so theres no way for your air/fuel ratio to get messed up. The filters are state of the art and come pre-oiled. its a bit on the pricey side but well worth it, it releases a cool sucking sound and delivers noticeable horses to the engine, the chrome doesn't look to bad either

http://www.injen.com/docs/typeofvehicle/listing.asp?cc=tr&pcc=is

JDTDBD
04-09-09, 10:21 AM
Don't worry about the EXT part being not listed with the CAI, just pick a CAI that you want that fits your motor (5.3L or 6.0L) because the engine compartments are all the same size inside whether it's a Base, EXT, or a ESV. The Base, EXT, and ESV only matter when buying exhaust because of the difference in vehicle length, see what I am saying? I have a thread on here that lists different prices and HP/TQ numbers, etc. Good luck

Rolex
04-09-09, 11:52 AM
CAI topics have been done in spades here. Try a search specifically in the Escalade forum and you'll find dozens of opinions on the topic. Good luck. :)

muss717
04-09-09, 08:16 PM
thanks for the help everyone.

i did a bunch of searches but just in this forum and thought the EXT had to have a specific CAI but i have since learned.