: SRX buy back question need help

BIGJ1875
04-07-09, 04:00 PM
I thought i saw a post awhile ago about someone having so many problems with there SRX that Cadillac bought it back. Mine has the 100k warranty its a 2004 v8 with 70k that i bought used just about a year ago and let me tell you honestly this has been in the shop about 17 times for different issues any help on this topic would be a big help.

Klei14
04-07-09, 04:41 PM
If you bought the car used, you probably will have a hard time. Did you buy it from a cadillac dealer? How many miles were on it when you got it? Does it have a 3rd party warranty.

jdavis
04-07-09, 04:54 PM
Ity must have been a CPO with the 100k/6 yr. warranty. Regardless, I think that any obligation to buy back a defective automobile was lost when it passed from the original purchaser. Your only recourse would be to the dealer who sold you the car and I doubt that he will have interest in buying back your SRX.

BIGJ1875
04-07-09, 11:23 PM
klie14 I bought it from a cadillac dealer in CT it was a certified car it had 56k when i got it.
I tried the dealer and ya i guess you could say they where no help wanted me to trade it in toward a new car and give me 8000 big help that was i did call cadillac direct and was told it was getting bumped up to a district manager because the car has been in the shop so much total record on it was over 25 times between me and the other owner the and alot of the same problems he had they fixed again for me i wonder what they will offer i would be fine with a credit of what i paid toward a new cadillac or some gm at this point.

TSS
04-08-09, 09:23 AM
As stated, most lemon laws/mandated buy backs pertain to only the original purchaser - though that does vary State by State. Gm may still help - good luck!