: Loud clicking noise behind dash

RByers91
04-07-09, 03:24 AM
While driving today i noticed this clicking noise coming form behind the dash. I pulled off the dash and couldn't find the problem. Anyone know what this is or how i can fix it? Sounds like a bomb is about to go off :eek:

Thanks for any feedback

-Ryan

RByers91
04-07-09, 06:02 PM
Nobody knows? I know there was another post about this, but i cant find it...

H0TWHLZ
04-07-09, 06:24 PM
You don't have Al Qaeda living around you do you?

Like what kind of clicking noise? Like a bomb is about to go off doesn't give us much to go off of. Does it come and go as you accelerate? Is it there at idle? Like when specifically do you really recognize the sound.

Example: I thought once, everytime that I applied the breaks I heard this rattling sound like something was rolling in my dash. Come to later find out that it was my K&N CAI that had rattled loose and every time I applied the brakes, the arm would fall forward a bit.

So while it sounds like it is in your dash, maybe it's in your engine?

T-Giv
04-07-09, 07:09 PM
No I know precisely what he is talking about. There is another post about this but I couldn't find it either. Wait for Rolex to post in here. He knows where it is and I'm sure he will refer you to it before closing this discussion.

RByers91
04-07-09, 07:51 PM
It's almost like a loud second hand clicking noise. It just happens randomly. While driving, idling, etc... It's seems to be coming from behind the radio. I don't have any mods in the car, so it shouldn't be coming from the engine. Hopefully Rolex can help...

zerocarpileup
04-07-09, 09:31 PM
Its can be a relay clicking on and off, i had the same problem when i first got my 02 and it was replaced under warranty, it was a loud plastic smack/bang noise that happened once in a while. I was told it wasn't going to be a problem but had them replace it anyway. it was a relay behind the light/dome override switch, pretty deep into the dash.

namraps
05-25-09, 07:08 PM
I'm having the same problem. I think it has something to do with flap or whatever directs air from dash to floor. My 02 DeVille starting making a loud clicking noise (like plastic?) gears failing to mesh. I than stopped getting air from the dash outlets and all the air is directed to the floor. If anyone has any idea to what's going on, please post. I need to know how to repair problem.

Caddydude420
05-25-09, 10:59 PM
I had the same thing. Did you ever have youre dash board replaced under warranty?

I used to have that problems. The gauges stopped working and I had the gauges fixed because of a recall. I haven't heard it since.