: 26x10 fitment on 02-06 body

JDTDBD
04-06-09, 05:31 PM
So it all started a few days ago when I found this deal on EBAY. a set of tires and rims for a fraction of the cost. They are slightly used, says the ad. barely 2,000 miles. They came off of a 2007 Escalade. So I bid and won. I have a 2003 and was wondering if these are gonna fit, and if they fit how they will look (as in if they will stick out or rub) Any feedback is appreciated.

Here are the specs:

Size: 26 x 10
Offset: +28 MM
Tire specifications:
Manufacture: FALKEN P30530r26
Performance Ratings: 109 H

I am sure someone will say, "Put them on and you'll see" or "post pics" which I will once I get home, but right now I am currently deployed and wont be home for another month and a half for my mid tour. So pics wont be up til June-ish. thanks again -JDTDBD

obxdiver
04-06-09, 05:35 PM
So I bid and won. I have a 2003 and was wondering if these are gonna fit,

-JDTDBD

Seems to me this would have been a smart question to ask BEFORE you bid and won the auction :thepan:

pcguy760
04-06-09, 05:51 PM
JDTDBD, it seems to me that offset is kinda high for a 02-06 but like you said it yourself - you probably gonna have to try 'em out and see what you think of the look, feel or the tire rubbing when you make full turns. I think there are some sort of "mod" you gotta do (I read on here somewhere) but nothin too bad for them to fit correctly on the 02-06 style... Oh yeah post those pics so we all can see! LOL.

Spittin Game
04-06-09, 07:10 PM
Seems to me this would have been a smart question to ask BEFORE you bid and won the auction :thepan:

:yeah:

luxurylife33
04-06-09, 07:25 PM
a +28 offset is gunna look funky

pcguy760
04-06-09, 07:58 PM
Yeah, wouldn't that be sticking out alot??

sam hamm
04-06-09, 11:32 PM
i have et of 30 and they stick in a little.

pcguy760
04-06-09, 11:42 PM
Oops I think I got it all mixed up! Sam is right - it would probably stick in a little - So here ya go...

http://www.lexusownersclub.com/gallery/albums/Misc/offset_001.gif

The offset of a wheel is the distance from its hub mounting surface to the centerline of the wheel. The offset can be one of three types.

Zero Offset

The hub mounting surface is even with the centerline of the wheel.

Positive

The hub mounting surface is toward the front or wheel side of the wheel. Positive offset wheels are generally found on front wheel drive cars and newer rear drive cars.

Negative

The hub mounting surface is toward the back or brake side of the wheels centerline. "Deep dish" wheels are typically a negative offset.

If the offset of the wheel is not correct for the car, the handling can be adversely affected. When the width of the wheel changes, the offset also changes numerically. If the offset were to stay the same while you added width, the additional width would be split evenly between the inside and outside. For most cars, this won't work correctly.

JDTDBD
04-08-09, 04:43 AM
I knew they would "fit" I guess what I ment to say was how they would look/any minor cutting so there wouldnt be any rubbing. Plus I got them so cheap I could turn around and sell them for more then I paid and someone else would still be getting a deal. Samm Hamm, do you have any pics of yours?

CaNiBusCK
04-09-09, 04:04 PM
Mine are D'Vinci 26x10 with 305/30/26 hankooks. You have to trim inside the front fenders, if you look on the inside it comes to a point that sticks in at the bottom, you gotta get rid of that. They will probably also rub that rubber flap in there when you turn but that doesn't bother me cause its only when you turn all the way. Mine measure 33.5 inches from the top of the rubber to the ground. If you want to look at some pics my trucks on cardomain.com under user name BlackCaddyDrivr