: So much hate :( but why ??

pcguy760
04-06-09, 01:29 PM
This thread takes the cake : http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4302112&page=1

You know it's a sad shame that over the past week I have been on the net researching wheels for my SUV and I have run into alot of "hate threads" against Escalade owners and drivers :confused:

I somewhat understand why alot of these people are so stereotyped against Escalades and the HARDWORKING people who drive them (although that's not what THEY think). I personally think it's because their life sucks and they know it but it pisses them off to see someone doing better than them in life.

I do know that their are bad drivers for EVERY kind of vehicle but they make it seem like Escalade drivers should just be shot if they drive faster, etc.
Well that's my rant and I could care less what anyone thinks of me on the road but I thought I would share my thoughts with our "community" here... :highfive:

Rolex
04-06-09, 01:34 PM
It's a little known fact: if you drive an Escalade, Porsche, or BMW you're automatically a prick to everybody else on the road. My Escalade was somewhat of a magnet for people with a big chip on their shoulder. I strongly disliked that for several reasons, not the least of which was I usually had my daughter in the vehicle with me.

They attract a lot of attention, both good and bad. Your observations are spot on IMO.

pcguy760
04-06-09, 01:39 PM
Rolex I agree with you. It's a damn shame when I take my custom car out in the summer BARELY anyone messes with me or looks at me like I owe them something or say something nasty or try to basically run me off the road... ok when I take the currently FULLY STOCK 'Lade out I gotta take deep breadths every so often so I don't go insane from the "hate". Now THAT is a damn shame. Maybe it's just the city I live in, I dunno but it seems to be everywhere this "Lade hate".

The way the current economic situation is here I hope this hate does not get worse. Might have to get that Proximity sensor installed on my 'Lade lol.

jordan00escalade
04-06-09, 02:35 PM
What's the difference between a rose, and an Escalade?

Rose.. The pricks are on the outside.

Just smile. When everything seems to always come your way, your in the wrong lane. When people are mad at you, or what your doing.. Your probably doing something right. I say things like, "have a nice day," or "tell your mom I said, Hi." It's good practice, helps you adapt to just, Pressing on! Press on! Press on!

ESCALADOR
04-06-09, 02:53 PM
:linksucks:

What the heck is that anyway? A VW Beetle forum? :jerkit:

There is always going to be haters, just don't let them know where you live!

bstiffmanofsteel
04-06-09, 05:04 PM
Come on boys. Don't sweat that bs... They hate us cause they ain't us!

pcguy760
04-06-09, 05:24 PM
Yeah that's the sad part of it - it's a VW forum. I pardon them for their Very Womanly behaviour lol. But I kid you not, there are ALOT of forums with threads of just Escalade hatin! Very sad I tell ya.

oldworld
04-06-09, 06:14 PM
AGREE 100%
Its very wierd how people can get when they "wish" lol
My wife drives an 08 BMW 5 series, when we go out in that or the escalade, you gotta see the nuts who give us looks like we have 5 heads.
Then there's those people driving buy here pay here hoopties who have to race by you to prove something.
Listen, sounds like we all "earned" our vehicles. When people act like idiots because of what I drive....makes me smile and say "ATA BOY"
BTW, we are about as normal a couple as it gets. We may live pretty well, but no swelled heads here.

Could be alot worse.......... :thepan:

oldworld
04-06-09, 06:26 PM
I had to read that link again a second time. Makes you wonder why so MANY jobs are being out sourced to other countries...lol
Thank god my son is in college at Notre Dame, I will do all in my power to make sure he graduates......
Not only are the people in that thread plainly jealous, but they are VERY naive as well.

:want:

pcguy760
04-06-09, 06:56 PM
AGREE 100%
Its very wierd how people can get when they "wish" lol
My wife drives an 08 BMW 5 series, when we go out in that or the escalade, you gotta see the nuts who give us looks like we have 5 heads.
Then there's those people driving buy here pay here hoopties who have to race by you to prove something.
Listen, sounds like we all "earned" our vehicles. When people act like idiots because of what I drive....makes me smile and say "ATA BOY"
BTW, we are about as normal a couple as it gets. We may live pretty well, but no swelled heads here.

Could be alot worse.......... :thepan:

It's pretty sad how things are now days. I try so hard to ignore the arrogrance, ignorance and plain rudeness of people who do not even know me on the road and most of the time I pull thru and it makes me feel better knowing that I did not fall prey to their purely evil ways. It's a crazy world I tell ya.

coralreef35mm
04-06-09, 08:56 PM
Seems like allanyone wants to do anymore is be better" than the next person...No one has their own goals or sense of self...If there wasnt someone to compete with, they wouldn't know what to do...no direction at all....Anyhow, it is funny how usually the ones who only care about" outdoing" the others never seem able to do it, and the ones who just work hard and follow their ideas end up outdoing them all>pretty simple really...Must suck to go through life always wantingto have or be someone your not...Besides, even if the the haters had an escalade(which deep down they really do want), they would then just go on to hating Rover, X5, cayanne, and RollsRoyce drivers. They don't like themselves, thats why they don't like us.......Not my problem...Ididn't make their life choices for them...

oldworld
04-06-09, 09:22 PM
I get a kick out of "those" people. Look at what they drive....all beaters.
Wonder if an escalade showed up in thier driveway with their name on it, if they would say no way bring it back.???
Whats even worse is that there is a thread that exists where people actually contribute to the madness.

I am laughing just thinking about it. I wonder if a maserati shows up in my driveway..........what would I do///:alchi:
I'll invite everyone here for a BBQ.....:thepan:
Thats just me......

Listen, this is AMERICA, and everyone wants something. We are VERY VERY materialistic.....thats just the society we live in. We want a bigger house. We want new vehicles with some class. We try to enjoy the finer things in life. Some work hard and achieve it. Some work, but wish they worked harder so they could achieve it. To each his own.............just don't hate those of us who became alittle successful, and have alittle fun in the process.

As always my two cents:

If it has tits or tires, it needs to be serviced.:thumbsup:

pcguy760
04-06-09, 10:51 PM
LOL - I agree with you guys, that's just the way it is. Oldworld about that Maserati showing up, I guess we can expect this thereafter lol ...

:party:

LOL, I just had to post that :)

Rcaddy
04-06-09, 11:46 PM
Then there are some of us who have finally grown "wise" when it comes to auto purchases. I've been around long enough to be on both end of the purchase: The depreciation on my "back" and now the "deals" that can be found. If people use their brains, like many of my fellow forum members who have some very impressive skills, they could drive whatever they want!
My 2000, Black on Black S500 is beautiful. 9 years old with 70k on it. Just about every option. I searched for that for no less than a year. I paid about 22 cents on the dollar for that car!.
During the same time frame, I leased a GL450...also Merc. The lease payment was nearly $1000, after about $5000 down. (Kind of stupid but I write nearly 100% off so it really amount to about $650 a month after tax). But when that lease came due in March 09 I went shopping. I love the 2004 'Lade I picked up for about 17 of those lease payments. And this time I paid cash.
My whole point is, car envy is a pathetic, ridiculous joke. You never know the details behind it. And when you see a $100k car being driven by someone who obviously shouldnt be, it's simply a financial mistake. Let 'em make it. And BTW we all know it doesnt matter where you're at, there is always someone higher on the food chain. (Unless you're the owner of the $125 million personal residence that is for sale...maybe THAT's the top of the chain!) IMHO.

oldworld
04-07-09, 08:25 AM
Good one PC...............looks like a happening party to me...FUNNY!
I should perhaps have that maserati this Thursday after the power ball numbers come out Wednesday night.

RC-----You are right on! One of the DUMBEST thing people can do financially is buy a NEW vehicle. There are PLENTY of expensive high pride vehicles with low miles that can be had much less expensive............as you suggested. My lade was purchased with 8K miles on it, and it was 2 years old +.
I do know the feeling of buying new believe me....been there done that many times. Leased as well once. Save some money, do your homework, wait for your "DEAL" and pay cash.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++

If it has tits or tires, its needs to be serviced...

fierodough
04-07-09, 11:15 AM
Come on boys. Don't sweat that bs... They hate us cause they ain't us!

That is the best quote I've seen in a while! :)

pcguy760
04-07-09, 01:58 PM
we should :mob: to all the haters lol.

Dendensterz
04-08-09, 07:36 PM
My wife drives an 08 BMW 5 series,

YeY! to the wifes that drive a 08 BMW 5 series! LOL

What color is hers??

02BLacLady
04-09-09, 07:14 AM
In the words of fellow cadillac owner 50 cent, " I'm tell ya what Banks told me, cuz, go ahead and switch the style up, and if they hate then let them hate and watch the money pile up."

They're just hating on escalades because they're scared that when they pull the e-brake to attempt to drift their front wheel drive subcompact they will lose control and find a big safe luxury ride parked on top of them. I didn't like that about my BMW M3. Thats why I bought the escalade. Safety from poor drivers.

Rolex
04-09-09, 09:03 AM
I kind of share that sentiment. I wouldn't mind driving a compact, or even sub compact....as long as everyone else on the road is driving one. But I don't trust the local soccer moms driving their 6000# SUV while talking on the cell phone, applying make up, and swatting at the kids in the back seat. With my daughter in the truck it makes me feel safer to be in a larger vehicle with good airbag protection. I wonder if this occurs to all these new Smart car drivers in my area. :hide:

CaNiBusCK
04-09-09, 09:05 AM
It is a horrible thing that we are typecast just by our cars. I'm 26 years old and I've had my escalade since I was 23. What the "haters" don't kow is I started my own business when I was 21. The looks that I get from people my age and a little older are like hatred. Like i sold crack to their whole family to get my car. If you have a better ride then someone even if they like your ride their gonna hate on it. Honestly, the people that walk up to me and ask about my truck more than anything are like 70+ An older gentlemen once told me at a gas staion that my escalade was like the perfect tie on a nice suit :) SO DRIVE YOUR TIES LOL

Rolex
04-09-09, 09:10 AM
I found that the type of person that hated the Escalade the most was the "WTF are you looking at" people. They are everywhere I've ever traveled. I can't figure out why some people think you're "disrespecting them" by looking them in the eye when you're passing along. I look everyone I encounter straight in the eye, and always have. I think it's a sign of weakness to walk along staring at the ground because you're afraid to look people in the eye. I also believe it makes you a target for the predatory types out there.

Just my .02

pcguy760
04-09-09, 10:47 AM
I found that the type of person that hated the Escalade the most was the "WTF are you looking at" people. They are everywhere I've ever traveled. I can't figure out why some people think you're "disrespecting them" by looking them in the eye when you're passing along. I look everyone I encounter straight in the eye, and always have. I think it's a sign of weakness to walk along staring at the ground because you're afraid to look people in the eye. I also believe it makes you a target for the predatory types out there.

Just my .02

LOL, I agree about "the look". I try to hold my patience as best as I can when some people look at me like I took their paycheck to pay for my truck or like I robbed them last night, etc. etc. When I use to have my tricked out Expedition with 23's and Pirelli's and I was at a red light, I ACTUALLY use to see people look at my wheels all mad and then look at me even more mad! Why??? When I thought I was paranoid, I tried greeting some of these "people" with a nod and they would just turn away / blow me off. It's a crazy crazy world. Wow, I wonder what the 'Lade would do with some 24's? Heck I am gonna have to keep a Bible in my truck!

bstiffmanofsteel
04-09-09, 05:23 PM

Just my .02

Truely a good point! I hate those people that walk around with a chip on their shoulder because you bought something nice. I get alot of crap being a blue color guy with an Escalade. But they know not to take it too far because I am a large person... 6'3 300lbs with a short fuse

oldworld
04-09-09, 10:23 PM
YeY! to the wifes that drive a 08 BMW 5 series! LOL

What color is hers??
===============================================

color is black with saddle leather interior...really a pretty nice car!

coralreef35mm
04-09-09, 10:45 PM
Wanna make some friends...Put BETRTHNU on the escalade plate

oldworld
04-09-09, 10:48 PM
:bomb:OR

"BITE ME" on the tag that is

pcguy760
04-10-09, 03:34 AM
I can't wait for my plates to arrive (still waiting on the slow DMV) - mine is "WRK HRD" - that will let em haters know that nothing comes easy in life. I do like the ones you guys mentioned above though but I think I would be asking for it around here with that especially if I parked in an open parking lot...

Stimpygato
04-10-09, 09:56 AM
I bought my EXT a few month's back, and took a good amount of ribbing from my friends. Like some of the above posts, it is way unfounded and speaks volumes about the "H8R" doin' all the hatin'. My main reason for the purchase was that there are so few EXT on the road, and I'm a 40 y.o. d00d who really wanted a nice place to set my ass down and enjoy the ride for a change. I've got a whopping 7 mile commute, so the gas mileage wasn't an issue.

Actually, I find myself bending over backwards to be courteous to other drivers, which is RARELY reciprocated... people will go out of their way to Malachi Crunch you out of a zipper merge, and play all kinds of games when in front of you. I just keep plenty of distance, and when the opportunity arises, my 6.0 Vortec is always up to the task, and I'll just throw them a friendly wave as I pass on by...

:crying2:
Envy brings out the best in folks doesn't it?:crying2:

ItsAdam1
04-11-09, 11:06 AM
Damn this must be a problem for people up north. Here in texas mostly everybody drives a escalade or a GM SUV with wheels or something done to it. I have had mine for 6 year and never encountered any "hate" problems you speak. There are so common that you can see soccer moms picking their kids up with an escalade on 22's of course they bought it like that from the dealer but still.......

pcguy760
04-11-09, 11:34 AM
Damn this must be a problem for people up north. Here in texas mostly everybody drives a escalade or a GM SUV with wheels or something done to it. I have had mine for 6 year and never encountered any "hate" problems you speak. There are so common that you can see soccer moms picking their kids up with an escalade on 22's of course they bought it like that from the dealer but still.......

Some people might argue that comment, but I myself am from way way down South and I must say there REALLY IS that "Southern Hospitality" that alot of people here up North need to learn about. ALOT. :thumbsup: Now don't get me wrong, haters are everywhere - just more up here lol.

oldworld
04-13-09, 05:42 PM
NORTH SOUTH EAST OR WEST.........haters are everywhere. :want: