: Wind Noise

WI STS
04-06-09, 08:01 AM
I just bought a 2008 STS with less than 1000 miles on it and I love it. The only thing is, I have noticed that there seems to be an excessive amount of wind noise on the freeway. All of the windows are all the way up and the doors are all fully closed. I checked the seals around the doors and they all seem to be in perfect shape. I would have thought that with the triple seals on the doors, that the wind noise would be virtually non-existent. Should I take it to the dealer? Is this normal?

Thanks

Aurora5000
04-06-09, 08:31 AM
A lot of them have wind noise.

Onalaska
04-06-09, 09:03 PM
Not normal at regular highway speeds. Mine does start making noise at about 125 Mph, but I don't regularly drive that fast so it's not a problem for me.

turnerbend
04-06-09, 11:07 PM
That is normal. Just turn on your radio or put a CD in..........

WI STS
04-07-09, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the replies... I think I will have the dealer check it out the next time I am there. I have a feeling they will just tell me that it is normal. I think it is just so noticeable because everything else is so quiet on the car. Thanks again.

EChas3
04-08-09, 01:18 PM
Do you notice much change with the sunroof cover closed? My wife had to have the dealers (EVS-Saukville) bodyshop fine-tune the sunroof adjustment and was able to reduce wind noise even after the mechanical shop said, "It's to spec."